PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center personnel

Dan Galt
12-10-09, 11:19 PM
This is a request to all current and former staff and guests at Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center.
I have started a group on Facebook called "Pickle Meadows Memories" and would like anyone who has been there to come and post some memories past and present.

Thanks.

SgtHMH
12-11-09, 12:25 AM
I been there a couple of times. But here in Grass Valley and in my Marine Corps League, is one of the former C/Os of it Major General O.K. Steele was once was the C/O of 8th & I and also Mountain Warfare, he also was the CG of Camp Lejuene.

Semper Fi

SokDok
12-11-09, 03:34 PM
Way back in 1951, Winter training there before we shipped out to Korea. We were not there that long, but we slept under the cattle trucks we rode up in. The smell of oil was all underneath. Cold alright, but not as cold as Korea.

Waveslide
12-11-09, 05:04 PM
Tried to search group several times and does not show up. Have a few pics of Cold Weather Medicine training. Had alot of fun there!

ameriken
12-11-09, 05:46 PM
Tried to search group several times and does not show up. Have a few pics of Cold Weather Medicine training. Had alot of fun there!

Here ya go, see if this works....

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=118631393131&ref=mf

Dan Galt
12-12-09, 08:21 PM
Thanks for posting the link to our group on Facebook, Ken, I guess it would have helped if I spelled it the correct way.

It should be Pickel not Pickle.

Opps.

There is always three ways to do things the right way the wrong way and the Marine Corps way.

Semper Fi.

Dan Galt
12-12-09, 08:23 PM
SgtHMH,

It would be great to get a post from the General on our Facebook group. I know the Marines there would love to read about the generations of Marines who came through the base.

Thanks.