PDA

View Full Version : I have just lost my MOS

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 07:16 PM
I have just lost my MOS and I'm a little bummed about it because that means that the last year and seven months of my career mean nothing now....

I lost my MOS because my recruiter messed up my paper work....
This marks the third major time that this contract that my recruiter made
has screwed me over.

He was a terrible recruiter. He was a Sgt. about to pick up SSgt. and now he is a LCpl...about to pick up Pvt. He's been screwing people over on their contracts for a while now. He's also awaiting Admin-Sep. (I'm not going to use any names but you know who you are.)

I love the Marine Corps. I just hate my recruiter.

List of how my contract has screwed me over.
1. I didn't get the MOS i signed for.(0300[i wanted 51])
2. I didn't get my bonus i signed for.
3. I just lost the MOS i spent 9 months in training at 29 palms for.
(I have just wasted my first year and seven months for nothing. I was also about to deploy for my first time. I had a security billet. This was a big deal for me, and now I can't go because of the recruiting papers.)

Now I am getting re-classed. I am a LCpl.
I want to take this chance at becoming a assaultman.
I want to know your input. I want to know what grunts would think about me going for it. I want to know what to expect from training, as in what would i be doing in training. And how would my new unit accept me when they find out that i was not born into the Marine Corps as a grunt.

Thank you.

SGT7477
12-10-09, 07:23 PM
Your profile needs work.

fpdesignco
12-10-09, 07:27 PM
0351 is a dying MOS... wouldnt suggest that if you ever want to pickup NCO.

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 07:28 PM
Your profile needs work.

I just joined in the past hour but i'll work on it. I'm new to this sight so i'm a little hesitant on how much information of my self is safe to give...
I'm sorta paranoid about that type about that stuff when it comes to the internet.

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 07:32 PM
0351 is a dying MOS... wouldnt suggest that if you ever want to pickup NCO.

I know that it's a dying MOS but i heard it's still possible to re-enlist as a lance. I want to live out a couple dreams. I know it sounds boot as fu** and dumb ass hell but... I like blowing stuff up.

Errr.

(sorry...I know that ain't a word)

fpdesignco
12-10-09, 07:33 PM
E.o.d

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 07:44 PM
E.o.d

I can't until I'm an NCO.

Quinbo
12-10-09, 07:45 PM
Hey monkey are you for real?

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 07:55 PM
Hey monkey are you for real?

Yes I am...
I wouldn't normally try to recieve console from people i don't even know....but i'm desperate...I want some input.
Some guidance. Advice is what i'm looking for. I want to become a grunt.
I just don't know if they'll take me in as one of there own....
I've heard stories of marines who lat move into it and are never accepted as one of the pack....for there whole enlistment.

fpdesignco
12-10-09, 07:59 PM
I have just wasted my first year and seven months for nothing. I was also about to deploy for my first time. I had a security billet. This was a big deal for me, and now I can't go because of the recruiting papers.)

hrmm... what mos where you training for in 29 Palms,

hussaf
12-10-09, 08:11 PM
Yes I am...
I wouldn't normally try to recieve console from people i don't even know....but i'm desperate...I want some input.
Some guidance. Advice is what i'm looking for. I want to become a grunt.
I just don't know if they'll take me in as one of there own....
I've heard stories of marines who lat move into it and are never accepted as one of the pack....for there whole enlistment.

Only if you are a d-bag. It's ridiculous to think people would even care, as long as you can keep up and don't act like you know everything. My brother in-law was a reservist Motor T operator, decided he didn't like civilian life and went active duty (which took at least a year to accomplish). He already didn't join the Marines until he was in his mid-20's. He went over as a Lance-Corporal, I believe. So you have a 27 year old Lance reservists POG going over to the AD grunt side. A few years later, he is now a Sgt. in 3rd LAR, was a DM last deployment, and has been a vic commander, gunner, and just about every other billet for that MOS. Not sure what exactly he does now (billet-wise), but is in some sort of leadership role there.

So your future depends on you, really. Obviously your credibility won't be worth much until you at least get qualed in an 03 MOS, and more so after successful completion of a deployment. You might get a little sh*t from some guys, but take that in stride as its meant to determine your character. That being said, I think my brother in-law didn't go to MOS school until after his first deployment (I think he was a driver), so he learned most of his job as an OJT.

Anyway, good luck.
SF
AH

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 09:07 PM
I have just wasted my first year and seven months for nothing. I was also about to deploy for my first time. I had a security billet. This was a big deal for me, and now I can't go because of the recruiting papers.)

hrmm... what mos where you training for in 29 Palms,

I was a 2847.
Comm Tech.

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 09:08 PM
Only if you are a d-bag. It's ridiculous to think people would even care, as long as you can keep up and don't act like you know everything. My brother in-law was a reservist Motor T operator, decided he didn't like civilian life and went active duty (which took at least a year to accomplish). He already didn't join the Marines until he was in his mid-20's. He went over as a Lance-Corporal, I believe. So you have a 27 year old Lance reservists POG going over to the AD grunt side. A few years later, he is now a Sgt. in 3rd LAR, was a DM last deployment, and has been a vic commander, gunner, and just about every other billet for that MOS. Not sure what exactly he does now (billet-wise), but is in some sort of leadership role there.

So your future depends on you, really. Obviously your credibility won't be worth much until you at least get qualed in an 03 MOS, and more so after successful completion of a deployment. You might get a little sh*t from some guys, but take that in stride as its meant to determine your character. That being said, I think my brother in-law didn't go to MOS school until after his first deployment (I think he was a driver), so he learned most of his job as an OJT.

Anyway, good luck.
SF
AH

Thank you for this

Vandrel
12-10-09, 09:18 PM
(I have just wasted my first year and seven months for nothing. I was also about to deploy for my first time. I had a security billet. This was a big deal for me, and now I can't go because of the recruiting papers.)

So you wanted 0351 and you came in as 0300?

You didn't get a bonus? That happens to a lot of people and probably has something to do with coming in as 0300. Just speculation

How exacally did you lose the MOS (2847) that it sounds like you were in school for?

So you can't deploy because of your initial enlistment contract papers? Is there a open investigation that you are required to take part in?

I've heard of a lot of cases of ****ty recruiters and jacked up papers but none that have effected a Marine that's a year and seven months into their enlistment and already a Lance.

Don't worry about naming names, it's all good if you don't but recruiter's that dip into the poolee pot and things of that nature is nothing new. There's always new stories floating around that originate from that MOS. Turds are turds, if they screw up they should be put on the spot. No different then that DI pediphile posted in here.

echo3oscar1833
12-10-09, 09:19 PM
Dude go AAV's man, its a combat MOS. "Where Always Looking For a Few Good Gators". :D

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 09:34 PM

You didn't get a bonus? That happens to a lot of people and probably has something to do with coming in as 0300. Just speculation

How exacally did you lose the MOS (2847) that it sounds like you were in school for?

So you can't deploy because of your initial enlistment contract papers? Is there a open investigation that you are required to take part in?

I've heard of a lot of cases of ****ty recruiters and jacked up papers but none that have effected a Marine that's a year and seven months into their enlistment and already a Lance.

Don't worry about naming names, it's all good if you don't but recruiter's that dip into the poolee pot and things of that nature is nothing new. There's always new stories floating around that originate from that MOS. Turds are turds, if they screw up they should be put on the spot. No different then that DI pediphile posted in here.

I didn't get an 0300 MOS because it turns out that he signed me in on open contract...
I thought i signed up to be 0300 but it seems that this was not the case.

So i was sent to MCT instead of ITB and afterwords i was sent to 29 palms for MOS training....
I didn't even know what i was training for until half-way into the school.
I finished school and then went to the fleet.

I wouldn't have a problem about changing MOS's it's just that I was right about to deploy and get some for the first time finally... until the contract came to rain on my parade again.

echo3oscar1833
12-10-09, 09:36 PM
I didn't get an 0300 MOS because it turns out that he signed me in on open contract...
I thought i signed up to be 0300 but it seems that this was not the case.

So i was sent to MCT instead of ITB and afterwords i was sent to 29 palms for MOS training....
I didn't even know what i was training for until half-way into the school.
I finished school and then went to the fleet.

I wouldn't have a problem about changing MOS's it's just that I was right about to deploy and get some for the first time finally... until the contract came to rain on my parade again.

So explain what exactly was the problem with your contract. I am not really getting that part of the story. Semper :marine:

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 09:39 PM
Dude go AAV's man, its a combat MOS. "Where Always Looking For a Few Good Gators". :D

I'm not an american citizen so i can't.

(just so everyone doesn't get me wrong.I never joined the Marine Corps for citizenship, I joined for the Corps itself. I grew up watch war movies and I always wanted to be that warrior. I have no shallow motives. I wanted to be a Marine.)

Vandrel
12-10-09, 09:42 PM
I am at a loss too.....

Long story short, I came in the Marine Corps exacally like you did, only difference is at MCT they sent me to Camp Del Mar and I had not even the slightest clue what the fuk a AAV was.

I told my recruiter I wanted to be 0300, he gave me this big long excuse and I was a dumb 17 year old so I signed anyway, didn't hit me until I was in boot camp that I was open contract so I went to see the career planner and got them to give me combat support instead.

I'm still not understanding the 29 Palms part where you said you've been training for 9 months for nothing? Do you mean PTP training for a deployment?

I'm not an american citizen so i can't.

Who told you that you couldn't because you are not a citizen? One of my best friends was Canadian and my other best friend was Russian.

Hell, last year in Iraq at least 5 people from my company submitted their papers to become citizens.

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 09:49 PM
So explain what exactly was the problem with your contract. I am not really getting that part of the story. Semper :marine:

I had my security clearances stripped of me and my MOS required the clearance,thus MOS was stripped as well.
The problem was that my recruiter said on his papers that i was of US birth.
I clearly stated that i was not of US birth at MEPS and when i first started the process of signing up for the Marine Corps.
He was lazy and wanted to skip steps, is as far as i understood as they told me that i lost the MOS.

hussaf
12-10-09, 09:50 PM

Hey Van, here's a story for you.

I was in New River, happily serving my Corps...when my good buddy, a Corporal at the time, got snatched up while we were hanging out on the barracks catwalk. Apparently his recruiter told him he was good with joining the Corps despite him being from Africa and having a soon to-be expiring student visa (when he enlisted, so like a few years previous to this). The recruiter told him once he was a Marine he would be a citizen so he should hurry up and go to boot camp. Basically he took this for face value and was like "ok, cool." Long story short, he's now an excellent Staff Sgt. serving the Marine Corps. His recruiter got into some serious sh*t though.

Oh, and when my buddy was going through BUD/S, a guy from Africa, who was in his class, got snatched up as well. This time it was because he got to the US illegally: while running from some authority (police, militia ,whatever), he stole a car, got to some docks, and hopped on a cargo ship to the US. It didn't take as long for them to catch on as the Marine described above, but its still spectacular that the Navy recruiter let a totally undocumented illegal into the system. Unlike the Marine, this Navy cat was not allowed to play anymore (to the best of my knowledge...my friend never heard from him again...said he was pretty much an awesome guy though).

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 09:53 PM
I am at a loss too.....

Long story short, I came in the Marine Corps exacally like you did, only difference is at MCT they sent me to Camp Del Mar and I had not even the slightest clue what the fuk a AAV was.

I told my recruiter I wanted to be 0300, he gave me this big long excuse and I was a dumb 17 year old so I signed anyway, didn't hit me until I was in boot camp that I was open contract so I went to see the career planner and got them to give me combat support instead.

I'm still not understanding the 29 Palms part where you said you've been training for 9 months for nothing? Do you mean PTP training for a deployment?

Who told you that you couldn't because you are not a citizen? One of my best friends was Canadian and my other best friend was Russian.

Hell, last year in Iraq at least 5 people from my company submitted their papers to become citizens.

9 months was how long my MOS school was...
it was a waste because I no longer rate the MOS.

One year seven months is how long I have been in the Corps.
(I know. that's not to long of a time.)

Vandrel
12-10-09, 09:53 PM
The security clearance I can understand, personally I think it's funny as hell that you even made it through JPAS and a investigation for clearance without getting a red flag.

The MOS part, what does your BIR say on MOL? If your BIR still lists your MOS then you should be fine. I'm sure the issue is that without the clearance you can't remain in the MOS, but if you completed the school you should have the MOS regardless forever.

Not being a U.S. citizen doesn't DQ you from AAV's. Tracker's don't need a clearance other then the ability think. It's a great MOS.

Hey Van, here's a story for you.

Now that's priceless!

hussaf
12-10-09, 10:04 PM
The security clearance I can understand, personally I think it's funny as hell that you even made it through JPAS and a investigation for clearance without getting a red flag.

The MOS part, what does your BIR say on MOL? If your BIR still lists your MOS then you should be fine. I'm sure the issue is that without the clearance you can't remain in the MOS, but if you completed the school you should have the MOS regardless forever.

Not being a U.S. citizen doesn't DQ you from AAV's. Tracker's don't need a clearance other then the ability think. It's a great MOS.

Now that's priceless!

If all he needed was a secret he can get an interim at the wave of the hand from his CO until the SSBI is completed. During the SSBI, his citizenship likely came up.

MOL isn't the final authority, one's OMPF is. My buddy found this out the hard way when he discovered OMP didn't have half of his awards and a promotion board called him out on what he was wearing in his photo. You would think if its on MOL, its on diary, but there might be another level of communication between UD and OMP.

I've not been an AAV, but them and LAR are two groups I really like to see around me when working.

Vandrel
12-10-09, 10:04 PM
On MarineOnline you should be able to varify your MOS info quite easily,

Under your Education tab you'll see your MOS school listed under the "Service Service Schools/ Special Skills" section, it will look something like this

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=displaydataOld><TD class=displaydataOld vAlign=top>AHY</TD><TD class=displaydataOld vAlign=top>ASSAULT AMPHIBIAN CREWMAN</TD><TD class=displaydataOld vAlign=top>PA</TD><TD class=displaydataOld vAlign=top>2001</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You'll also see it lised in the BIR under Service Information,
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4>
PMOS: 1833
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>BMOS: 1833 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>SMOS: 0 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>JMOS: </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>JMOS ED: </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is what my stuff looks like, your stuff should look close to that but with your MOS related info. Just because they are sending you somewhere else shouldn't mean that your MOS completion is null or voided.

Vandrel
12-10-09, 10:10 PM
If all he needed was a secret he can get an interim at the wave of the hand from his CO until the SSBI is completed. During the SSBI, his citizenship likely came up.

MOL isn't the final authority, one's OMPF is. My buddy found this out the hard way when he discovered OMP didn't have half of his awards and a promotion board called him out on what he was wearing in his photo. You would think if its on MOL, its on diary, but there might be another level of communication between UD and OMP.

I've not been an AAV, but them and LAR are two groups I really like to see around me when working.

Yeah interim is pretty damn easy, I had one signed off in minutes lol.

My stuff is complete opposite, MOL was more up to date then my OMPF was. I had to print off MOL pages and fax them to OMPF for a few boards because they didn't have any of my crap listed. Most of MOL feeds from 3270.

hussaf
12-10-09, 10:12 PM
On MarineOnline you should be able to varify your MOS info quite easily,

Under your Education tab you'll see your MOS school listed under the "Service Service Schools/ Special Skills" section, it will look something like this

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=displaydataOld><TD class=displaydataOld vAlign=top>AHY</TD><TD class=displaydataOld vAlign=top>ASSAULT AMPHIBIAN CREWMAN</TD><TD class=displaydataOld vAlign=top>PA</TD><TD class=displaydataOld vAlign=top>2001</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You'll also see it lised in the BIR under Service Information,
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4>
PMOS: 1833
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>BMOS: 1833 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>SMOS: 0 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>JMOS: </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>JMOS ED: </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is what my stuff looks like, your stuff should look close to that but with your MOS related info. Just because they are sending you somewhere else shouldn't mean that your MOS completion is null or voided.

You know, the day I picked up Sergeant I did an MOS lat-move. I spent a good five years in my old MOS and, to this day, it no longer reflects on my MOL account. I am pretty sure it should still be there, but I've been too lazy to have it checked out. I know it doesn't matter much at this point, but for sentimental reasons I'd like to see if I can get that as like a PMOS2, or wherever they'd put it. I already have two AMOS for jump and PMI and they still reflect (haven't worked out at Stonebay in forever).

Do you of any order I can look up for this? I am Admin retarded.

Vandrel
12-10-09, 10:18 PM
Do you of any order I can look up for this? I am Admin retarded.

I'll have to look around, not sure off hand but yeah I'm with you on that one... it should be listed. If it's not listed anymore then it's like you were sitting in a black hole for those 5 years lol.

Most of the time I just call up DPAC/IPAC/CPAC... whatever they call it these days. Little things like that are often something that LCpl Marine at the desk can change in the system. Easiest way to get it done is if you have your schools certificate then you could just burn a copy of it and hand walk it to IPAC.

At the very least your old MOS should still remain on your Education section under your completed schools.

hussaf
12-10-09, 10:26 PM
I think I'll just tell people my last MOS was classified and they aren't cleared to know it! Seriously, that's a good point about the schools section, I am pretty sure that's still in there. Luckily I do still have all my certs from my original MOS...they have their college equivalents printed on the back of them and I used them to transfer credit recently.

Mungkeh
12-10-09, 10:31 PM
This is good to hear.
Thank you all for this information. I thought that all that time at school house was for nothing. Its good to know that I still own that MOS.
I understand now that i am still fully qualified and certified for the MOS, just don't have the clearance to use it in the Corps.

You may not notice it through these texted words but i'm feeling pretty good now that i know this.

hussaf
12-10-09, 10:35 PM
This is good to hear.
Thank you all for this information. I thought that all that time at school house was for nothing. Its good to know that I still own that MOS.
I understand now that i am still fully qualified and certified for the MOS, just don't have the clearance to use it in the Corps.

You may not notice it through these texted words but i'm feeling pretty good now that i know this.

Halfway through deployment a guy, who was equivalent to platoon Sgt., suddenly lost his clearance and was basically quarantined from work space. It took a couple of weeks, but the issue was cleared up. I know your situation is different, but perhaps you should check if they will continue their SSBI, finish, or amend it in order to retain your clearance.

Vandrel
12-10-09, 10:36 PM
That's good to hear,

Think of it this way, if you deploy and managed to get your citizenship while deployed you can always come back and get a security clearance and shoot for a lat-move to go back to your MOS.

DocGreek
12-10-09, 11:01 PM
:evilgrin:...."HOLY SNAPPING AZZHOLES, BATMAN....TWO NUMBNUTS IN ONE NIGHT????"....:evilgrin:

fpdesignco
12-11-09, 06:35 PM
I had my security clearances stripped of me and my MOS required the clearance,thus MOS was stripped as well.
The problem was that my recruiter said on his papers that i was of US birth.
I clearly stated that i was not of US birth at MEPS and when i first started the process of signing up for the Marine Corps.
He was lazy and wanted to skip steps, is as far as i understood as they told me that i lost the MOS.
Funny story one of our radio operators still dosent have an security clearance

Sgt Leprechaun
12-12-09, 12:27 AM
LOL. That recruiter needs some serious brig time. Not good. Chin up Mung'. At least you are still on AD and not on your way out the door. Good things will happen soon I'm sure.

Mungkeh
12-12-09, 02:02 AM
LOL. That recruiter needs some serious brig time. Not good. Chin up Mung'. At least you are still on AD and not on your way out the door. Good things will happen soon I'm sure.

Ooh Rah to that Sgt!!!
And thank you!

-Cpl. Salty:"hey Boot!"
-LCpl. Boot:"Yes, Corporal!"
-Cpl. Salty:"go get me the hmmvvv keys!"
-LCpl. Boot:"Aye-Aye, Corporal!"
-Cpl. Salty:" And don't forget to get me my dam grid squares!"
-LCpl. Boot:"Aye-Aye, Corporal!"

(p.s.)
(how do i make this a sig?)

fasteropr
12-12-09, 10:23 AM
To quote an old song line from the Rolling Stones: "you can't always get what you want but you just might get what you need". Don't ever underestimate whatever it is you learn. For example during my tour I was transferred to two schools within my first two years: radio-telegraph school (2533) and jump school. I remember thinking a whole lotta good it's going to be for me when I get out: who the f%#k uses morris code anymore. However, part of the training in school was learning to use the typewriter as it was impossible to write quick enough with a pencil. Now I also went to other schools: Jungle Guerrila Warfare Training Center and Cold Weather Training as well as three or four other 1 or 2 day courses. After getting to my Unit, 1st ANGLICO, and never using what I learned as a morris code operator, we used voice communication when calling Naval gunfire, I again thought what a worthless skill to learn and THEN not using it.

Here's my point: that little skill of typing, which was a major pain in the ass to learn, and which I discounted as useless just like my knowledge and ability to send/receive code, became a major strength when I was in college. All my friends paid me to type their papers. This was during pre computer days.

Next thing I know I have my own business where I'm using the computer all the time. The fact that I'm completely at home on the KEYBOARD, same keyboard I used on the old manual typewriter I used while a Marine, has played a major role in learning to use the computer! Now who the f@$k woulda known back then that something I learned and thought was worthless became a major skill I continue to use in my career.
Remember that whatever it is that you learn, it can NEVER hurt you. What you do with it is up to you. The other suggestion I have is that sometimes **** happens, good happens to bad people and bad happens to good people. When that happens one must "get past it" and move on.
Good luck to you, whatever your MOS may be!!

I have just lost my MOS and I'm a little bummed about it because that means that the last year and seven months of my career mean nothing now....

I lost my MOS because my recruiter messed up my paper work....
This marks the third major time that this contract that my recruiter made
has screwed me over.

He was a terrible recruiter. He was a Sgt. about to pick up SSgt. and now he is a LCpl...about to pick up Pvt. He's been screwing people over on their contracts for a while now. He's also awaiting Admin-Sep. (I'm not going to use any names but you know who you are.)

I love the Marine Corps. I just hate my recruiter.

Now I am getting re-classed. I am a LCpl.
I want to take this chance at becoming a assaultman.
I want to know your input. I want to know what grunts would think about me going for it. I want to know what to expect from training, as in what would i be doing in training. And how would my new unit accept me when they find out that i was not born into the Marine Corps as a grunt.

Thank you.

Ingle
12-12-09, 08:32 PM
Dude be an MP. Everyone loves us and we get promoted for breathing. :thumbdown

Juicemang
12-13-09, 11:49 AM
Dude be an MP. Everyone loves us and we get promoted for breathing. :thumbdown

Are you the jerk who gave me a ticket about a year and a half ago for blowing by the guard augments they posted on the road that connects the back gate and front gate?

Donut Brigade
12-13-09, 11:59 AM
Yuma MPs pull you over and tell you "Sir, you were going 16 MPH, this is a 15 MPH zone". True story.

hussaf
12-13-09, 12:40 PM
Yuma MPs pull you over and tell you "Sir, you were going 16 MPH, this is a 15 MPH zone". True story.

Try driving a 3mph over the speed limit on Dam Neck...my OIC lost driving privileges for over a month! Those SP's are brutal.