PDA

View Full Version : Haircuts

Marmaduke
12-10-09, 12:17 AM
Long story short, the barber really jacked my hair up. Asked for a medium, ended up with a high and rediculous. Do I absolutely have to get one every week, or is there an actual order that states "one per pay period" so I can let this fade grow out and not look like a motard?

MLMonk
12-10-09, 12:36 AM
I've read a MCO before stating that, but I cannot find it, here (https://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/PAGES/Uniform%20Regs%20Chapters/Chapter%201_files/Chapter%201.asp) is a link to one though.

You can really just get it done again on Sunday, and it would start to turn back into a medium fade, then you wouldn't have someone else ask if you didn't get a haircut.

egbutler1
12-10-09, 12:46 AM
Long story short, the barber really jacked my hair up. Asked for a medium, ended up with a high and rediculous. Do I absolutely have to get one every week, or is there an actual order that states "one per pay period" so I can let this fade grow out and not look like a motard?

I'm pretty sure you only have to get one twice a week man, but i found this MCO P1020.34G look it up if your really want to its in there some where but f- that man I aint looking for you its like 70 pages long lol. Oh and save your receipts its tax detectable

Donut Brigade
12-10-09, 09:37 AM
You have to get one every paycheck or when needed or whenever someone says something about it. So pretty much every week. I got tired of barbers jacking up my low fade, I bought clippers and started doing it myself.

slimmy07
12-10-09, 09:46 AM
I would ask for a low fade and you probably get a medium fade. Also, try and go to a shop that Marines don't really go to because barbers that cut Marines always seem to think we want high and tight. I think high and tight looks really stupid. Actually, I saw on your profile that you live in San Diego. When I was going to recruiters school I used to go every sunday to the barber shop at MCRD and Canaan Brumley would cut my hair. He cut an excellent low fade. The name might be familiar because he is the guy who filmed and directed ears open, eyeballs click. I don't know if he is still there, but if he is that guy cuts really good.

Old Marine
12-10-09, 12:02 PM

Don't sweat it, hair will grow back. If you really have a problem with it looking bad you could always shave your head like Rodger Recon.

MD8724
12-10-09, 01:22 PM
When they cut mine high, I just get a low for a few weeks before going back to medium

0331 2 0369
12-10-09, 01:51 PM
You won't find anything in writing that says you only have to get a haircut once during a specific period. You are required to get a haircut as needed. And with you being a Marine, you know when it is time. Use your better judgement and you will be good to go.

SGT7477
12-10-09, 04:35 PM
You won't find anything in writing that says you only have to get a haircut once during a specific period. You are required to get a haircut as needed. And with you being a Marine, you know when it is time. Use your better judgement and you will be good to go.
That's how it has always been, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

Zulu 36
12-10-09, 04:54 PM

I used to get a haircut about every 10-days and never had any problems.

Juicemang
12-10-09, 08:03 PM
I ****ing HATE getting haircuts at **** holes like Fantastic Sams. So, I found an actual nearby barber, and they charge SEVENTEEN DOLLARS for a damn fade. The barbers on New River were always the...

hussaf
12-10-09, 08:52 PM
I used to get a haircut about every 10-days and never had any problems.

Right, those light-haired MF'rs could get away with that. With my thick, dark hair I was getting looks around thursday.

Vandrel
12-10-09, 09:02 PM
How about you post pics of this said hair cut so we can all check it out

echo3oscar1833
12-10-09, 09:23 PM
Speaking of haircuts I need to go cut my hair, shave, and look Motivating, before my Young Marine Staff Meeting, and Drill this weekend. :D:D

sfthog
12-10-09, 10:01 PM
We used to love going to"Whitewall Willy" he only knew one way to cut hair and he was so old you couldn't really get mad at the guy.

Vandrel
12-10-09, 10:21 PM
Speaking of haircuts I need to go cut my hair, shave, and look Motivating, before my Young Marine Staff Meeting, and Drill this weekend. :D:D

Oh snap, you're doing YM's eh? Good memories from that program back in the days before the Corps lol.

MontezumaCpl
12-10-09, 11:12 PM
I got a barracks haircut one time and I'm not sure how much beer my buddy had, but the next morning at muster the SNCO said, "Is that a barracks haircut son?"
I replied, "No Ssgt," he said, "Well you better have a regulation by tomorrow," and dam I had to get a Very High and Tight to fix it, hehe. I went to the base barber and he was laughing his head off-No pun intended. :marine:
It took another barracks haircut for me to learn-after that once a week.