PDA

View Full Version : MEPS Question

Tinch81
12-09-09, 08:17 PM
Hello, my name is Luke Tinch, and I have a few questions about MEPS, hopefully some of you Marines will be able to answer. First, when can you go to MEPS? do you have to make an appointment? or does your recruiter give you a date to go? Second, I have been watching some videos and reading about MEPS, and was wondering if after I complete everything that must be completed, and I go to sign the papers for DEP, and my parents aren't there will I be able to still sign up (I am only 17, so I need parental consent to sign up) any answers would be very much appreciated. Thank You for your time Marines, and Thank You all for your service to this country.

Lisa 23
12-09-09, 08:47 PM
MEPS at a Glance
An Overview of the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS)
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/mepsglance.htm

The Delayed Enlistment Program (DEP)
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep.htm

The minimum age for enlistment in the United States Military is 17 (with parental consent) and 18 (without parental consent).

Hope all of this helps you out.

Tookie22
12-09-09, 08:49 PM
Your parents have to sign the consent before you can even go to meps. Once they do that your recruiter will give you a date to dep in. You sign all your own paperwork there since nobody else can make you do it. Your parents
sign one sheet and everything else is all you. Have fun at meps it's a blast. Any other questions?

Tinch81
12-09-09, 09:26 PM
Alright, thanks for your help and info Marines. That's really it, right now I am still preparing for the IST, currently I have the crunches and the running down, but for the next month or so I am going to go to my local Gym and start working out to try and be able to do at least 5 pull ups, (only need to do 2-3 to pass right?) so I'm trying to go to MEPS sometime in January, still have to talk to the recruiter about this BB in my neck, and probably have it removed. Thanks for all your help Marines, and again thank you for your service to this country.

slimmy07
12-10-09, 09:55 AM
Your parent's consent is for you to the the MEPS doctor(s). In any state a minor (anyone under 18) can not be seen by a doctor without parental consent. So, in reality your parents are only consenting for you to see the doctors. You are the one to sign the contract and DEP into the Corps. Your parents do NOT have to be present for that. Your recruiter will give you a date to go to MEPS.

Tinch81
12-10-09, 12:23 PM
Yes, thank you Marines, there was a recruiter at my school today, and I talked to him about MEPS questions, and im going in with my mother, on monday to sit down and talk with him. Thank you Marines.