PDA

View Full Version : Overseas qualifications

pmessent
12-09-09, 12:24 PM
Howdy folks,

I've wanted to join the USMC for quite a while, but I've lived in Scotland since I was six (I was born in the US, so I am a US Citizen). I'd like to join when I move back to the States in the next few years, but does passing my Scottish Standard Grades (equivalent to English GCSEs, and my grades are equivalent to NQ Intermediate 2, if anyone knows those instead) count as a High School diploma or will I have to get a GED and/or college credits? Is it as difficult as it sounds to get to Boot Camp with a GED rather than a High School Diploma? I have no health issues and no criminal record.

Thanks,
Pete

Lisa 23
12-09-09, 02:24 PM
How about saying...."hey Marines", not howdy folks.
And try using the search bar located at the top right of the fourm to search for topics on GED's, as this topic has been discussed many times.

pmessent
12-09-09, 02:45 PM
How about saying...."hey Marines", not howdy folks.
Noted, thank you Marine.

And try using the search bar located at the top right of the fourm to search for topics on GED's, as this topic has been discussed many times.
The GED was really a sideline to whether my existing qualifications would do, but thank you, a search cleared up the GED issue for me. Looks like I should look into college credits ASAP.

Thanks,
Pete

Lisa 23
12-09-09, 02:53 PM
You're welcome pmessent. :thumbup:

Vandrel
12-09-09, 02:54 PM
I can't say 100% for what you have educationally will be satisfactory but you can at the least know that there are those in service that are not even American citizens and joined. I'm fairly confident that a recruiter will take care of you on this issue and I'm positive that what you have will equate to what you are required to have.

pmessent
12-09-09, 03:08 PM
I can't say 100% for what you have educationally will be satisfactory but you can at the least know that there are those in service that are not even American citizens and joined. I'm fairly confident that a recruiter will take care of you on this issue and I'm positive that what you have will equate to what you are required to have.
Thank you Marine, that's reassuring!

Pete