PDA

View Full Version : recruiting north of the border

Austin1691
12-08-09, 10:02 PM
my name is Austin Singer, i am curently 17 years old, living in calgary alberta canada. i am half way through my last year of high school and like others I have had a dieing need to join the most ellite and respected fighting force which is the USMC since i can remeber. but i face the problems that all foriegners have had with enlisting and that is a green card. i have read a few posts that others in my position have made, and the responses saying that the way to go is to find a company to employ you. with that in mind i was planing on taking a trip down to the closest recruiting station over the winter hollidays to get more information and some extra advice. i would like to know if this would be a good idea and if it would give me a better idea on how to optain my green card. I also know that there are fare amount of previous canadians in the marines and was wondering if any of you could tell me your story to help me out. this is what i want more than anything in the world and will fight to get it and will never give up, will appreciate the feedback, and hope to enlist soon.

Lisa 23
12-08-09, 10:07 PM
I can't help you with your question, but you may want to use capitalization when starting sentences. You've got everything running together......and I believe it should be dying need, not dieing need.
Also, when using the words Marine or Marine Corps, it will be capitalized at all times.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-09-09, 03:23 AM
Take the trip, but basically you know the story already. You'll need a 'right to work' card in the United States before you can enlist. Recruiters will be able to give you more information to help you out there.

Vandrel
12-09-09, 09:50 AM
Recruiters will be able to give you more information to help you out there.

Yup, just go straight to them and they will help you get what you need to get started.

ggyoung
12-09-09, 10:55 AM
Lots of Candens server in the USMC during Vietnam. Canadian sent there best to the US Marines and the USA sent Canada our worst.

Austin1691
12-09-09, 05:04 PM
OK sounds good, thx for the advice Marines. P.S. Srry for the errors, just trying to get my question out there

slimmy07
12-10-09, 09:58 AM
I would call a recruiting station first prior to going. Recruiters are very busy, and they might not talk to you much because your able to join anytime soon. I would call and talk to them and they can point you in the right direction without driving to them. This will save you a ton of time.

Old Marine
12-10-09, 12:12 PM
Looks like we have an english teacher in the mix. Heaven forbid if you do not capitalize a certain word and you damn sure better not run two words together.