PDA

View Full Version : Am i going nuts?

NeverQuit
12-08-09, 09:19 PM
Okay i feel like i'm going crazy or i have missed something. I have a buddy that shipped to MCRD SD a month ago and his SR DI is a Female and that struck me as what? I had never heard of such a thing but apparently it's a common thing now? Female drill instructors with male recruits? I had another friend from back home who graduated Parris Island in September and his kill hat was a female as well....

egbutler1
12-08-09, 09:24 PM
I really hope not, I'm thinking something is up other than what may appear.

Vandrel
12-08-09, 09:26 PM
Not possible, there is no way in hell the Marine Corps would ever put a WM in a area where male Marines are often in running around naked as hell.

I got a few buddies that are prior hats and hats down there right now, I would have heard of that already.

firedog974
12-08-09, 09:30 PM
Sounds like BS to me. It seems like every year a rumor about "the new Corps" comes out. I remember when I was in the "stress card" rumor was floating for a while.

NeverQuit
12-08-09, 09:33 PM
His initial letter from his senior home to his parents talking about training etc was from a female DI, and as for my buddy who graduated from PI his pictures show a female DI in the platoon picture with the other 2 hats.

Vandrel
12-08-09, 09:37 PM
One of my cooworkers is at PI right now for his son's graduation. I'm going to text him and tell him to give me the scoop on this cause I want to know!

If anything would ever create a huge red star cluster of a **** storm for the Marine Corps with EO and sexual harrassment it would be putting male/female together in boot camp.

A platoon full of males with a female SDI, sitting in the squad bay on SDI time.... can't even imagine. Let me go take a shower while the female SDI is walking around on deck.

Juicemang
12-08-09, 10:33 PM
No way in hell.

hussaf
12-09-09, 02:11 AM
It's probably receiving or something. Still not a good idea (my receiving DI gave us instruction on how to shower and shave efficiently in bootcamp), but its more logical than an actual DI for recruit training....I guess. No, nevermind. It's still wrong.

zx6rdr
12-09-09, 02:42 AM
?

SlingerDun
12-09-09, 02:50 AM
Experimental?

Many male recruits have cut mom's apron strings for the first time in their young lives by attending boot camp only to be shadowed by a female hat bossin them around 18/7?!

bad plan:thumbdown

I can only imagine evening hygiene inspection

Donut Brigade
12-09-09, 03:45 AM
Remembered my kill hat: "You better shave, and you better wash your ****ing nuts, and you better smell good!" which my buddies perverted into "You better shave your nuts and wash them, and they better smell good!"

Sgt Leprechaun
12-09-09, 04:11 AM
Unlikely. However, it IS possible that there are female DI's in Recieving, or in other areas while 'on break' from running female recruits.

I don't really have an issue with that on the face of it, (realistically, Marines are going to have to learn to take orders from ANYone of higher rank once they get to their MOS school or the FMF) as long as they are not, in fact, running platoons. THAT I'd have an issue with. Not because I don't think WM's (or whatever the hell they are called these days) can do it, but because traditionally, they have NOT done so, and when we start tossing traditions in the face of PC crap, we are on the road to perdition or worse, as a Corps, for sure.

Vandrel
12-09-09, 09:02 AM
A Master Guns I used to work with many years ago loved to say this,
"Equal Opportunities isn't equal, they can call it equal when we have co-ed showers"

I sent a text to my cooworker to see if he can get to the bottom of this while he's there.

ghost3000
12-09-09, 09:50 AM
[quote=Sgt Leprechaun;579566]Unlikely. However, it IS possible that there are female DI's in Recieving, or in other areas while 'on break' from running female recruits.quote]

Since when does MCRD SD train female recruits? The OP stated MCRD SD.

Vandrel
12-09-09, 09:51 AM
Since when does MCRD SD train female recruits? The OP stated MCRD SD.

I noticed that as well and was thinking just that. I figured maybe it was a typo and meant PI?

NoRemorse
12-09-09, 09:55 AM
Bah, sounds weird. I've seen it with ROTC instructors when those classes get a chance to come aboard the Depot. They sometimes ask regular Drill Instructors on quota to come assist with their young...

Old Marine
12-09-09, 10:03 AM
I am on vacation at this time and in San Diego. Yesterday I was at MCRD and did not see one BAM there that was training recruits. This will never happen. Just another Marine Corps rumor.

Vandrel
12-09-09, 11:39 AM
Well that squashes that one

I sent a text to my cooworker at PI, he still hasn't gotten back to me.

SGT7477
12-09-09, 12:37 PM
Never heard of such a thing, Semper Fidelis.

Vandrel
12-10-09, 07:24 PM
Since it's been confirmed by someone on here who was just at MCRD SD I would also like to confirm that my friend at MCRD PI right now sent me a few pics and also confirmed... NO WM's with males.

hussaf
12-10-09, 08:18 PM
I tried to Google such information and came up blank. There has been some movement recently in the integration of male-only MOS's, but nothing I could find on BC.