PDA

View Full Version : My MOS is combat support

goldeneye517
12-08-09, 04:47 PM
I'm poolee Keegan and i recently signed my MOS for combat support and I was wondering if you guys could give me some more info on what i'll be doing? On my paper it said something about artilary and something amfibious assault; do I get to pick which one that I what ? Or is assigned to you ? Thanks for your help. Keegan

Vandrel
12-08-09, 04:58 PM
I just responded to another here with the same area,

The Combat Support section works like this,

If you can swim at a WS-2 or above level out of boot camp you will go to AAV's, no one gets EFV because there are no EFV's in the fleet and probably never will be at the rate they are going. EFV's are supposed to be the replacements for AAV's but the program has been such a flop due to budget cuts and other issues that it might never happen.

If you can't swim you'll go to the other ones and it will be hit or miss.

This of course is all on a quota allocation table, available seats and class dates. Depending on how your dates run and the open seats during that time you could end up anywhere.

I can tell you everything you'll ever want to know about Tracks (AAV/EFV/Amphibian Assault Vehicle) if you'd like. I wasn't a Tanker or Gun Bunny so I can't really vouch for them much although Tanks and Tracks share a lot of common things.

Lisa 23
12-08-09, 05:00 PM
I'm poolee Keegan and i recently signed my MOS for combat support and I was wondering if you guys could give me some more info on what i'll be doing? On my paper it said something about artilary and something amfibious assault; do I get to pick which one that I what ? Or is assigned to you ? Thanks for your help. Keegan

Try searching the forums using the search bar first........
and it's "you Marines", not you guys.