PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding drug use in DEP

Craig1013
12-07-09, 07:41 PM
If you get a marajuana violation with your local town while waiting to leave for basic training for the marine corps, will it affect your eligibilty to leave. If so, are there any ways to mitigate any punishments such as getting an ACOD in court.

Juicemang
12-07-09, 07:50 PM
First, you're a fool for having anything to do with drugs if you have any plans on becoming a Marine. Second, of course it will affect you. If you don't tell your recruiter, he might not find out. But, if there is a security clearance investigation on you while you are in boot camp (if you make it that far), they will find out, and then hammer you for it. Not sure if you can get hit up for fraudulent enlistment, but it's not good. If I were you I'd tell your recruiter, and hopefully get a waiver for the violation. I'd also stop being a **** head and stop using drugs.

Craig1013
12-07-09, 07:53 PM
well i do plan on leaving for basic training, I have not told my recruiter yet, i would like to find out if im still eligible to leave for basic before i make any moves

Juicemang
12-07-09, 07:55 PM
If you're going to **** dirty at boot camp you'll just be discharged immediately anyway.

Craig1013
12-07-09, 07:58 PM
well then theoritically if dont ever get caught with drugs, will this violation disqaulify me from leaving for basic? im not trying to be a dick

Juicemang
12-07-09, 08:00 PM
Are you DEP'd in?

Craig1013
12-07-09, 08:01 PM
yes im dep'd in i already went through MEPS and everything, when i go to court im probably going to get an ACOD if that means anything

Juicemang
12-07-09, 08:02 PM
No idea what that means. But the fact you've already been processed in is not going to look good at all. Integrity is everything. Tell your recruiter.

Lisa 23
12-07-09, 08:18 PM
Hey there wannabe, just to let you know, you're posting in the wrong part of the forum. Open Squad Bay is for Marines only. Read the headings over each forum. You're questions should be asked in the Ask A Marine fourm.

zx6rdr
12-07-09, 09:55 PM
1234.... Troll!!!!!!!

Bdchi1
12-07-09, 10:36 PM
The Corps is going to repeatedly ask you questions about changes since entering the DEP. This kind of thing happens all the time with applicants while on the DEP. You will not be able to avoid the...