PDA

View Full Version : Question about joining. (Dental Issues)

Dustin Griffith
12-06-09, 07:51 PM
Will having some Dental issues, mainly cavities and a broken tooth affect me joining? If not will they fix the issues at boot?

Thanks

Zulu 36
12-06-09, 08:13 PM
Will having some Dental issues, mainly cavities and a broken tooth affect me joining? If not will they fix the issues at boot?

Thanks

Read the poolee/site rules and stickies, then fill out a profile. No one will answer until then.

Dustin Griffith
12-06-09, 08:27 PM
Yes sir, Done

MD8724
12-06-09, 09:00 PM
No, and probably no.

SGT7477
12-06-09, 10:31 PM
Depends how really bad they are, better chance after bootcamp.

echo3oscar1833
12-06-09, 11:07 PM
Major dental problems, are usually corrected in Boot Camp. I broke a tooth right before shipping to boot. They made me go to dental, got a vinere tooth out of the deal :D. Plus alot of the other guys that had nasty scuzz mouth had to go. At least thats how they were doing things in 2001, maybe its changed I dunno lol. My thing is though if you have a scuzz mouth its because your two freaking lazy to brush, and floss. Sorry, but that's I see it. Semper!!!:D

Vandrel
12-07-09, 11:28 AM
I had a guy in my unit that we nick named "Dirty Doug", maybe he'll read this one day lol, he had some pretty serious dental issues that would make your toes currle and your hair stand up, most were due to constant dipping and lack of hygiene. He's a SSgt now and has had those issues since I knew the guy and probably had them when he first came in and eventually got his own dental class code I'm sure lol. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

Dustin Griffith
12-07-09, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the replys. Thoughout my life ive had issues. Dentist told me Its due to some lack of somthing that strengthens teeth. Its not so much my own fault I brush several times Daily. Just my enamel is week and chips and breaks easy. So several Broken spots have became cavities. Havent been to dentist in about a year. No longer have insurence.

Thanks for responces.