PDA

View Full Version : Equestrian competitions and Service Dress Uniform?

JRR
12-06-09, 12:55 AM
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I am not yet a Marine myself, nor do I know anyone to whom this question would apply, so I am asking merely out of curiousity.

Anyway -- the national governing body for the equestrian competitions I have competed at (USEF) stipulates that "Members of the Armed Services or the Police may wear the Service Dress Uniform" when riding in competition. I have heard of this being done by members of other branches, although I have not seen it myself. Is this an appropriate circumstance for wear of the Marine Corps enlisted Service Dress Uniform? It would entail some modifications, such as the wear of field boots (knee high boots) and, in some disciplines, possibly the wear of certified protective headgear.

I did turn up some interesting articles on the Marine Corps Mounted Color Guard while searching this forum and on Google, but that is not quite what I am looking for. Any insight or direction on where to look (or a more appropriate place to post this question) would be greatly appreciated.