PDA

View Full Version : Info On Jobs?

jeboah
12-05-09, 03:07 PM
Today my recruiter gave me a list of job options and he explained them but I want more info on some of them..so if you can help me.. PLEASE DO!

-Aviation Support

-Managerial Option

-Mechanical Option

-Logistics

-Combat Vehicle Repair Option

-Electronic/Data Option

-Command and Control Electrician

-Marine Security Forces

-Combat Support

If you could give me info on all of these jobs that would be awesome! Thanks.

Rocky C
12-05-09, 03:19 PM
Thats alot of stuff your asking.
Use the search bar, top right corner of this page.
Try to narrow it down a little please.
Then come back and we can tighten it up some for you.

jeboah
12-05-09, 03:26 PM
Alright thanks. Do you know anything about Marines Security Forces? That MOS will be gone by Monday and I would like to know more about it.

Rocky C
12-05-09, 03:29 PM
Read this.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/8152new.htm

Rocky C
12-05-09, 03:32 PM
And This

http://www.bing.com/reference/semhtml/Marine_Corps_Security_Force_Regiment?fwd=1&qpvt=marine+security+forces&src=abop&q=marine+security+forces

Rocky C
12-05-09, 03:34 PM
And if that doesn't do it for you come back and I'll give you who to speak to on this site.
Good Luck.

jeboah
12-05-09, 03:35 PM
Ok that clears up what they do. Thanks.
One more question about that MOS, How often are they deployed to Afganistan or to war? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

Rocky C
12-05-09, 03:38 PM
You read those pages in 2 minutes???
Your posts are time stamped in the top left corner.

Another Marine will be by to answer your question.

jeboah
12-05-09, 03:41 PM
Yes I read them both, but the second site answered my second question. Thanks for your help!

Rocky C
12-05-09, 03:46 PM
Your Welcome.
Good Luck to you.

jeboah
12-05-09, 04:19 PM
What jobs are in the Combat Support?

Lisa 23
12-05-09, 04:28 PM
How about filling out ALL of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to. :thumbup:

United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors

Main Menu
The Marines break their enlisted jobs down into MOS's, or "Military Occupation Specialties."
Furthermore, the Marines group MOS's with similar functions together into groups called "Occupational Fields." Below are the occupational fields for Marine Corps enlisted jobs. Click on each field number for a listing of each MOS (job) that falls within that field:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

karen8857
12-05-09, 05:20 PM
I spent 22 years as a Marine. I was in the Logistic field 0441/0491. It was a good field for promotion. This field was always wide open for promotion. Some field you can have a good record and still can not get promoted unitl there was a opening. Ask the recuiter about the promotion in each field they you really look at what you want. Sempher Hi

Vandrel
12-07-09, 12:36 PM
What jobs are in the Combat Support?

Let's see if I remember this correctly,

Stingers, Arty, Tanks and Tracks

If you pick Combat Support and you have at least a WS-2 swim qual in boot camp you will almost for sure end up in Tracks (AAV's). I wanted Tanks and I got WS-2, ended up with Tracks. Almost everyone I served with wanted Tanks cause no one knew what the hell a AAV was.

Arty is not bad but I can tell you right now with the GWOT going on you will spend most of your time doing Grunt stuff rather then your MOS. Most of the Arty guys are being shipped out to do provisional rifle platoon tasks and PSD's.

I don't mean to knock the LAAD guys with Stingers but let's face it, there hasn't been much of a air threat in the combat zone so that MOS will not see very much MOS related deployments right now, if anything probably the same situation as Arty... PSD/PRP.

Tanks and Tracks are pretty self explainitory, heavy ass vehicles that like to get muddy and blow **** up. I don't mind Tanks, they have a really nice weapon system and things of that nature but being a Tracker myself I have to say that Tracks have it made when it comes to the field, we have our own little mobile homes we can sleep in and stay out of the mud and rain.