PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice.

aboa64
12-05-09, 07:36 AM
Good morning Marines,

I'm going to try to make this short and not make an *ss out of myself. for about a year now I been debating about joining the service, I have put a lot of thoughts and thinking about what branch but I always come back to the Marine Corps. I always felt its something that i should do and feel its the right thing. I only have a few concerns, one of my biggest is coming from an Arab background (Palestinian) and have little thought or feelings about other Arab countries, so deploying to the middle east is not a problem for me but the concern comes to if i'd be treated differently because of this fact. I was born and raised in America, so that pretty much makes me American? I put off joining cause I was worried what my family and friends would say but I have quickly come to realize that this is bigger than their little opinions, I want to do something great and where better to do it than the Corps.

If any Marine can answer my concern about my background and how I would be treated based off of that and any advice that can be giving before making it official.

sorry for such a long post.

Thank you, Marines!

Lisa 23
12-05-09, 09:15 AM
No profile....no answers.
For starters, you can fill out all of your profile so the Marines here who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to. :thumbup:

karen8857
12-05-09, 09:31 AM
That should not be a concern. We have all kind of Marine from different back grounds that have and are serving proudly in the Marine Corps. One thing about the Marine Corps is you are a Marine no mater what you are. If you join the I say welcome aboard. Sempher Fi

FattyTheFerret
12-05-09, 12:11 PM
It's not supposed to be an issue but be prepared to get comments. Unfortunately, some folks won't look past it. As long as you do your job properly and follow orders you can't go wrong but don't expect everyone to be accepting.

fespar
12-05-09, 12:38 PM
There are only two kinds of Marines-Light green and Dark green.

aboa64
12-05-09, 02:45 PM
No profile....no answers.
For starters, you can fill out all of your profile so the Marines here who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to. :thumbup:

I did not realize it made a difference... I had updated it.

Thank you Marines

Rocky C
12-05-09, 02:58 PM
That should not be a concern. We have all kinds of Marines from different backgrounds that have and are serving proudly in the Marine Corps. One thing about the Marine Corps is you are a Marine no mater what you are. If you join the I say welcome aboard. Semper Fi

:usmc::thumbup::usmc: