PDA

View Full Version : Has any NFL CB had a season like this before?

jetdawgg
12-04-09, 02:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814b18cb/WK-13-Darrelle-Revis-highlights

THIS IS RIDICULOUS (Darrelle Revis vs The Elite Wide Recievers 2009)

WEEK 1 Vs TEXANS (Andre Johnson)

4 Receptions - 35 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 2 Vs PATRIOTS (Randy Moss)

4 Receptions - 29 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 4 Vs SAINTS (Marques Colston)

2 Receptions - 33 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 6 Vs BILLS (Terrell Owens)

3 Receptions - 13 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 11 Vs PATRIOTS (Randy Moss)

5 Receptions - 34 Yards - 1 TD

=====

WEEK 12 Vs PANTHERS (Steve Smith)

1 Reception - 4 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 13 Vs-BILLS (Terrell Owens)

3 Receptions - 31 Yards - 0 TD's

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/darrellerevisjets1.jpg

Zulu 36
12-04-09, 02:17 PM
I don't know if it's the best, but he's having one hell of a season anyway. Only 1 TD in 13 games is very good.

firedog974
12-04-09, 02:20 PM
My recievers have been killing my fantasy scores.

GSEMarine94
12-04-09, 02:21 PM
My recievers have been killing my fantasy scores.
Who you got?

NoRemorse
12-04-09, 02:23 PM
Whoa whoa whoa.... don't forget he got a pic yesterday and put his hands on it at least 3 other times.

firedog974
12-04-09, 02:30 PM
Who you got?

Antwaan Randle El (WAS), Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ) Steve Smith (NYG) and Miles Austin (DAL).
None of them have put up any great numbers this year. It has been mediocre at best (aside from a breakout game here and there).

jetdawgg
12-04-09, 02:42 PM
Antwaan Randle El (WAS), Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ) Steve Smith (NYG) and Miles Austin (DAL).
None of them have put up any great numbers this year. It has been mediocre at best (aside from a breakout game here and there).

Lucky that Derrelle Revis does not play against them:D

GSEMarine94
12-04-09, 02:55 PM
I have Marques Colston (NO), Miles Austin), and Mike Sims-Walker (Jac), none of which have been reliable, thank God for RB's

jetdawgg
12-04-09, 03:40 PM
QB's combined stats when looking for their #1 WR, with Revis on the coverage:

19/53 (36%), 197 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 3.77 YPA, 20.7 QB Rating

Old Marine
12-04-09, 04:14 PM
That list of wide receivers is bogus. The Charger's happen to have the elite receivers in the NFL and a tough QB who can get the ball to them. Goodthing the Jets do not play the Chargers this year...

Rooger
12-04-09, 04:22 PM
Well Dog Lets see, How about Woodson for GB? Defensive player of the month for the NFC. And He's had tough receivers to go up against. Not to take anything away from Revis, He's good but lets see what happens. :)

SlingerDun
12-04-09, 08:26 PM
There was this sticky cat in 1980....

They're saying Revis wrong. It's a Portuguese Basque name not so common but known in the Great Basin and pronounced "Rrev" like RPM's vrroom vrroom, sabes?

--->Dave

MD8724
12-04-09, 08:59 PM
Can't let personal feeling in these discussions man. The reason being is that someone will probably tell you you are wrong. Right now, that someone is me. <br />
<br />
Revis covers the #1 WR. San Diego's top...

MD8724
12-04-09, 09:06 PM
OH, and to you Marines who have Miles Austin and Steve Smith (NYG) as your recievers. My question to you is, who did you have BEFORE they had their breakout games and you dropped someone else to pick them up ? :P I'll give you Steve Smith as an auto draft pick, but you can't tell me you had Austin before his huge game a few weeks back. Anyways, I have Steve Smith (CAR) and Greg Jennings. THank god I have Brees too! I think he gave me 65 points last week. (Yahoo)

jetdawgg
12-04-09, 09:25 PM
Well the season is not over...Revis STILL has to go up against Reggie Wayne Currently number 2 in NFL Rec

Chad Ochocinco, currently number 16 among NFL Rec and Roddy White (ATL) currently number 17.

Those teams area QB'd by Peyton Manning (Wayne) The number 1 NFL QB, Carson Palmer (Chad) The number 17 NFL QB and Matt Ryan (White) the number 18 NFL QB.

I don't think that I have ever seen ANY CB have to face this many TOP 20 NFL Receivers in a single season.

Haynes and Hayes were great with Haynes getting the nod to me. Lem Barney was also the real deal

jetdawgg
12-04-09, 09:30 PM
Can't let personal feeling in these discussions man. The reason being is that someone will probably tell you you are wrong. Right now, that someone is me.

Revis covers the #1 WR. San Diego's top pass catcher is Gates. Gates is a TE. SD has Vincent Jackson. That's it. I mean, sure, they have other guys who catch the occasional pass, but so does every other NFL team.

Anyways.

Moss leads the NFL is yards. Andre Johnson is just behind him at #4. Jackson is 14 on the list. The Colts have a WR and a TE above Jackson.

Colston is just behind Jackson, but I will remind you that NO has several very good pass catchers. Brees spreads the ball around alot.

T.O. , well, he isn't having a good year, same as Steve Smith (CAR). BUT, we all know that their QB's are playing like **** this year. Edwards got benched a while back, and Delhomme probably should have been benched a while back. Even still, Steve and T.O. are still dominant in the game. If either of those had a QB like Rivers or Brady or Brees, they would be in the top 5, at least.

So, I agree, Rivers is good. I agree that SD would beat the Jets. If they played, Rivers probably would throw for a bunch of yards. BUT, those would all be to Gates, who I will remind you, is a TE, and therefore would not be up agianst Revis, but some unlucky LB.

So, in closing, This IS a top list of WR's, and Revis IS a very good DB. You, Sir, are WRONG.

:P

(I'm a Panthers fan, btw. ****ing Delhomme. As much as I love him, I ****ing hate him.)

Furthermore, Both Moss (2X) and Owens (2X) will probably be Hall Of Famers one day. Revis is having a sick season.

firedog974
12-04-09, 10:39 PM
OH, and to you Marines who have Miles Austin and Steve Smith (NYG) as your recievers. My question to you is, who did you have BEFORE they had their breakout games and you dropped someone else to pick them up ? :P I'll give you Steve Smith as an auto draft pick, but you can't tell me you had Austin before his huge game a few weeks back. Anyways, I have Steve Smith (CAR) and Greg Jennings. THank god I have Brees too! I think he gave me 65 points last week. (Yahoo)

I have had Smith since the start, but I dropped Fred Jackson (BUF RB) for Austin in week 5 (that was his breakout game). My league has a RB/WR slot, and I went heavy on the RB's for a while. Ain't no shame in it....I pulled him in when I saw him show potential. I wish like hell I had Brees, but I got P. Manning...he will do in a pinch!

GSEMarine94
12-05-09, 12:28 PM
Personally I dropped Patrick Crayton (Dal) for Austin, figured Crayton would be Romo's go-to guy. I also picked up Sims-Walker off the waiver wires after he stepped up to the plate. I'm also heavy on RB's Maurice Jones Drew (Jac), Pierre Thomas (NO), Jonathan Stewart (Car), Mike Bell (NO) and up till last week Knowshon Mareno (Den) had to drop him to pick up Kurt Warner's replacement.

Old Marine
12-05-09, 01:03 PM
Don't want to get into a pizzing contest with anyone on here, so I will only say this. <br />
<br />
Having been a Charger fan since they come down from LA in 1961, I do know a little about them. I also know...

MD8724
12-05-09, 01:52 PM
Actually, Gates has more passes thrown his way than any of the WR's :p. <br />
<br />
I'm not arguing that the Chargers were bad, I was arguing with your statement that the OP's list of WR's were bad. I don't...

Rooger
12-05-09, 02:11 PM
When He starts to post numbers like this? Then MB I'll believe.

DEFENSE: CB CHARLES WOODSON, GREEN BAY PACKERS
• Woodson had 28 tackles, three interceptions, including one touchdown return, three forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, two sacks and eight passes defensed.
• He was named Defensive Player of the Week twice during the month, winning in Weeks 10 and 12.
• Against Detroit in Week 12, Woodson became the first player in NFL history with two interceptions, an interception-return touchdown, one sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in a game.
• During November, he tied for the NFC lead with three interceptions and tied for second in the conference with three forced fumbles. He was the only defensive back in the NFL to record two sacks during the month.
Now has at least one interception in 11 consecutive NFL seasons and has totaled 673 tackles (564 solo), including 9½ sacks and 18 forced fumbles; 36 interceptions (returning six for TDs) among 141 passes defensed; eight fumble recoveries (with one TD return); a blocked field goal attempt; two receptions for 27 yards; and 86 punt returns for 708 yards (8.2 avg)

MD8724
12-05-09, 02:26 PM

• Woodson had 28 tackles, three interceptions, including one touchdown return, three forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, two sacks and eight passes defensed.
• He was named Defensive Player of the Week twice during the month, winning in Weeks 10 and 12.
• Against Detroit in Week 12, Woodson became the first player in NFL history with two interceptions, an interception-return touchdown, one sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in a game.
• During November, he tied for the NFC lead with three interceptions and tied for second in the conference with three forced fumbles. He was the only defensive back in the NFL to record two sacks during the month.
Now has at least one interception in 11 consecutive NFL seasons and has totaled 673 tackles (564 solo), including 9½ sacks and 18 forced fumbles; 36 interceptions (returning six for TDs) among 141 passes defensed; eight fumble recoveries (with one TD return); a blocked field goal attempt; two receptions for 27 yards; and 86 punt returns for 708 yards (8.2 avg)

I agree. I don't think Revis is having some crazy year or anything, but he is one of the top corners in the league this year, no doubt. I would like to point out that Revis has 28 PDef this year though.

GSEMarine94
12-05-09, 03:00 PM

Letting him go was another one of the big mistakes my Raiders have made. Friggin Al Davis :mad:

jetdawgg
12-05-09, 03:49 PM
I agree. I don't think Revis is having some crazy year or anything, but he is one of the top corners in the league this year, no doubt. I would like to point out that Revis has 28 PDef this year though.

Woodson is a play maker and has a shot at the HOF. I always liked him too as I like the Raiders. What I don't see is him ever putting together a statistics sheet like this against top 20 NFL receivers in ONE season.

I was just talking about Woodson with my buddy a few weeks back when he nearly defeated Dallas singlehandedly. Al Davis is a fool:usmc:

Rooger
12-05-09, 10:13 PM
Woodson is a play maker and has a shot at the HOF. I always liked him too as I like the Raiders. What I don't see is him ever putting together a statistics sheet like this against top 20 NFL receivers in ONE season.

I was just talking about Woodson with my buddy a few weeks back when he nearly defeated Dallas singlehandedly. Al Davis is a fool:usmc:

I can :p LOL

Hotel4341
12-08-09, 08:13 AM
I pulled the jackpot with fantasy WRs this year. Ochocino, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, and DeSean Jackson.

If only my RBs were doing half as well. I had Ronnie Brown to start the season (=/), and have LT, Knowshon Moreno, and LeSean McCoy (whats with the Eagles and guys with first names of *eSean?). Thank G-d I also have Vernon Davis and the Packers D.

No one pays attention to my league, so I have to gloat somewhere :D

usmcmsf
12-08-09, 09:10 AM
Lucky for him im a Marine and not a WR, be a different ball game :marine: