PDA

View Full Version : gotta question, nobody has answered so far..

jedd17
12-02-09, 08:44 PM
ok, long story short, i plan on gettin my contract in jan, real soon. and i was plan on doing data systems/reserves, for time for collage. i was wounderin, that if i got shipped over afghanistan (which im sure i am) would i be going my actual mos that i signed up for, "data systems" OR would i be doing "infantry"

sparkie
12-02-09, 08:55 PM
Gosh, gollie, gee. Learn to type. OK, It's your first post, so I'll be gentle.
Your MOS is you, Unless the Chinese overrun your position,,,,,,,,you'll be an office pogue.

--------
Please respond like I am your English Teacher.
Patience is a virtue,,, an old hooker taught me that much,,,,,,,

SGT7477
12-02-09, 09:10 PM
Profile up.

sparkie
12-02-09, 09:12 PM
Profile up.

Yea,,,, What he said,,,,,,,:evilgrin:

Tookie22
12-02-09, 09:13 PM
Going to a collage? Where is the art exibit? Every Marine is a rifleman, if they need provisional rifle platoons then maybe. You will leave with your unit and mos. You will learn real quick spellcheck is important when speaking to Marines.

firedog974
12-02-09, 09:30 PM
i thinkif you go i Nunder acertain mos you willbein that mos for a while or that is what i think but askyour recruiter or maybe some guys here can answer your quistin.

See how friggin stupid it looks and how hard it is to read?
Take your time when you type, and use spellcheck.

sparkie
12-02-09, 09:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good dog.

And Capitol M,,,,,, I see you're watchin.

Phantom Blooper
12-02-09, 09:48 PM
You won't make it too far in Data Systems if you can't type any better than what you are doing.

You go where the Marine wants you to go.

Whether you do data or grunting you still need to learn to spell and type.

Don't them there perfessurs teach u dat in collage?:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
12-02-09, 10:10 PM
Profile up.

Yeah, I second that.
Whatever happened to no profile, no answers.

jedd17
12-02-09, 10:12 PM
I love how I ask a simple question, and I don't get a straight answer, whats new? Might as well score a 20 on the asvab and go for infantry? because it seems like that's all I'll be doing. If that's what ill be doing then there's no point in working on scoring high. I'm just a bit lost on this whole deal.

Petz
12-02-09, 10:18 PM
ok, long story short, i plan on gettin my contract in jan, real soon. and i was plan on doing data systems/reserves, for time for collage. i was wounderin, that if i got shipped over afghanistan (which im sure i am) would i be going my actual mos that i signed up for, "data systems" OR would i be doing "infantry"

if you leave in Jan, by the time you get out of school we'll be out of Afganistan, so No you are wrong about going to Afgan... and since you haven't talked to your reserve unit you really have even less of a clue. It's ok, everyone thinks they know everything (even me).

12-02-09, 10:24 PM
I love how I ask a simple question, and I don't get a straight answer, whats new? Might as well score a 20 on the asvab and go for infantry? because it seems like that's all I'll be doing. If that's what ill be doing then there's no point in working on scoring high. I'm just a bit lost on this whole deal.

Why don't you quit your cryin', and just get the fvck out of here, ya fvckin' baby. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=549&pictureid=5813

Jeezus t!tty-fvckin' Kryste!? What is it with these kids coming in here thinking they, "wanna be a Marine," and can't take any small amount of flak, even though they come off as ignorant and illiterate!? The STOOPIDEST questions posed in the most ignorant way, and they want rainbows and flowers for answers. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=549&pictureid=6107

Lisa 23
12-02-09, 10:26 PM
Young man, there are rules for wannabes and poolees to follow on this site.
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

If you can't handle a bit of sarcasim on the internet, then you are going to have a very tough time in boot camp. With a bad attitude of scoring low on the ASVAB is what you have, then your career in the Marine Corps, if you make it thru boot camp, is going to be very short.

Minimun Required ASVAB Scores and Education Level

Marine Corps
ASVAB Score - Marine Corps recruits must score at least 32. A very few exceptions are made (about one percent) for some exceptionally otherwise qualified recruits with scores as low as 25.
Education - As with the Air Force, those without a high school education are ineligible. The Marine Corps limits GED enlistments to no more than five percent per year. Those with a GED must score a minimum of 50 on the AFQT to even be considered. As with the other services, the Marine Corps offers advanced enlistment rank (http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blusmcadvancedrank.htm) for college credits. However, of all the services, the Marines are the most restrictive in this area. The maximum advanced rank for college credits is E-2, where the other services will give college credit advanced rank up to E-3 (E-4 in the Army).
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/genjoin/a/asvabminimum.htm

ASVAB Scores Required for the Marine Corps
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blusmcasvab.htm

jedd17
12-02-09, 10:29 PM
hahahaha, I find this VERY amusing. anyways, this kinda helped out. thanks?

Petz
12-02-09, 10:30 PM
who the hell are you talking to?

Lisa 23
12-02-09, 10:34 PM
You'll see how VERY amusing it is when there's a big bad a$$ Drill Instructor up in your face just about nose to nose with you, yelling at the tops of his lungs at you, just because he feels like it. :evilgrin:

firedog974
12-02-09, 10:38 PM

again i need to tell yow aboutspelling and graamerr@! wh-i do u have aquestion mark at the end of a sentence which is notaquestionm!!!!!

If this is funny to you, I suggest you contact an English teacher.

Petz
12-02-09, 10:40 PM
FD, he's questioning whether or not he should thank us.

echo3oscar1833
12-02-09, 10:42 PM
again i need to tell yow aboutspelling and graamerr@! wh-i do u have aquestion mark at the end of a sentence which is notaquestionm!!!!!

If this is funny to you, I suggest you contact an English teacher.

Hahahaha actwallys itws sperred a?mark, burt whowis a kepping scorss enywhos:D

jedd17
12-02-09, 10:48 PM
Um, OK. I don't have anymore questions. But I will gladly post some more later. I'm sorry for the MARINES that are having difficulties reading what I'm typing.

Thanks MARINES

firedog974
12-02-09, 10:50 PM
Um, OK. I don't have anymore questions. But I will gladly post some more later. I'm sorry for the MARINES that are having difficulties reading what I'm typing.

Thanks MARINES
MUCH Better.....:thumbup:

MD8724
12-02-09, 10:54 PM
Trust me, not all Data Marines can type :P Anyways, your reserve unit will still have a CoC and need data support, so you will still do data ****.

SGT7477
12-03-09, 08:19 AM
You might make an outstanding cook.:evilgrin:

SGT7477
12-03-09, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I second that.
Whatever happened to no profile, no answers.
I wish I knew, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

Tookie22
12-03-09, 01:17 PM
Go ahead score low, don't even try. The Marine Corps always takes the lazy and unmotivated! You are an idiot. How about you do your best so you don't regret it. Not everone going overseas is infantry, other jobs are needed as well. If you want to b!t(h about it don't even join. You will do what the Corps needs. "Semper Gumbi" and next time watch what you say. If you disrespect someone in the fleet don't be suprised if you get faceplanted on the concrete.

GSEMarine94
12-03-09, 01:45 PM

With your obvious inabilities to produce a single coherent statement, and the fact that the ASVAB has a significant number of English/grammar questions, I doubt you can score a 20.

MD8724
12-03-09, 02:21 PM
Oh, and you will need a high GT score for Data. Good Luck!

SGT7477
12-03-09, 03:03 PM
Go ahead score low, don't even try. The Marine Corps always takes the lazy and unmotivated! You are an idiot. How about you do your best so you don't regret it. Not everone going overseas is infantry, other jobs are needed as well. If you want to b!t(h about it don't even join. You will do what the Corps needs. "Semper Gumbi" and next time watch what you say. If you disrespect someone in the fleet don't be suprised if you get faceplanted on the concrete.
Exactly Marine, Semper Fidelis.:flag: