PDA

View Full Version : Travel Reimbursement

MD8724
12-02-09, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know how we get reimbursed for travel expenses ?

From PCSing I know I will get 10 days worth of my hotel bill back from TLE which will be $800. I also know I will get a little over $2000 for DLA. I was told that when I drive from TN to CA I will get some money back for the trip. Im looking to know about how much I will get back, or the formula for finding out, actually.

I moved into my apartment, but have no furniture. I'm looking at taking a personal loan out from Navy Fed and paying most of it off once I get my money back from IPAC. Just looking to know about how much I can take out.

Thanks

hussaf
12-02-09, 05:01 PM
Travel Claim, and whatever else is needed. Ask the 1 shop.

Supersquishy
12-02-09, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know how we get reimbursed for travel expenses ?

From PCSing I know I will get 10 days worth of my hotel bill back from TLE which will be $800. I also know I will get a little over $2000 for DLA. I was told that when I drive from TN to CA I will get some money back for the trip. Im looking to know about how much I will get back, or the formula for finding out, actually.

I moved into my apartment, but have no furniture. I'm looking at taking a personal loan out from Navy Fed and paying most of it off once I get my money back from IPAC. Just looking to know about how much I can take out. I always hated the travel claim part seemed like it took forever waiting in line, then they nit pick you to death...lol

Thanks

Darn should have used the Gov't card. Anyways keep all reciepts and make copies for yourself when you hand them to the S-1. Fill out the travel claim if they give it to you.

MD8724
12-02-09, 07:06 PM
Sorry, didn't clarify my question all that well.

Does anyone know how much I will get back from travel ? Such as, so much per mile, or whatever ?

hussaf
12-02-09, 07:32 PM
Oh, you can look that up somewhere..its prob something like .55 a mile, I don't remember.

Petz
12-02-09, 10:35 PM
you should have asked that of your TMO person before you left, now you have to talk to your One Shop. They'll be the ones doing your travel claim when you get there. It sucks I know.

MD8724
12-02-09, 11:01 PM
you should have asked that of your TMO person before you left, now you have to talk to your One Shop. They'll be the ones doing your travel claim when you get there. It sucks I know.

Actually, when I left Oki, TMO told me I only rated 1 move. My stuff from Japan, or my wifes items from TN. They told me I could use my 1 move that you get per enlistment though. Turns out, they were full of ****.

Then IPAC told me I didn't rate DLA, TLE, or the travel driving reimbursment (Not sure of the proper term), since I got married while I was in Japan and not before. Turns out that was complete bull**** as well.

Anyways, I have already talked to IPAC and I know I will get my TLE and DLA and the driving "per mile" money, I just wasn't sure on how much I get ,per mile, for the driving. I think I may have found it though. On the DOD site, it says .24/mile for PCS and .55/mile for TDY, whatever the hell TDY is.

Phantom Blooper
12-03-09, 04:29 AM
TDY- Temporary Duty.:evilgrin:

Petz
12-03-09, 06:47 AM
TDY is every other branches way of saying TAD just as PB has mentioned.