PDA

View Full Version : Army to Marines (a hope for me).

JasonJ1234
12-02-09, 01:04 AM
Long story short i tried to join the Marines was dq'ed for condyloma blindly went for a waiver without even showing proof of treatment or being clear from a civilian doctor Marines then declined my waiver. After finally accepting it i went army where i had a waiver recently approved for the condition.

My question is this. It is still my dream to be a Marine, after my term of service with the Army is through could i have a shot at fullfilling my dream?

Zulu 36
12-02-09, 07:24 AM
Long story short i tried to join the Marines was dq'ed for condyloma blindly went for a waiver without even showing proof of treatment or being clear from a civilian doctor Marines then declined my waiver. After finally accepting it i went army where i had a waiver recently approved for the condition.

My question is this. It is still my dream to be a Marine, after my term of service with the Army is through could i have a shot at fullfilling my dream?

Sure it's possible. Lots of people have joined the Corps after a stint in the Army. You still have to go through boot camp, etc. No one gets out of that. Had an ex-Army guy in my platoon. You would probably get contract PFC out of the deal.

I don't know how your medical problem will be addressed at the time. Make sure you have your proof of treatment, and a condlyloma problem free enlistment in the Army won't hurt either.

Weren't wearing a raincoat one day, eh?

firedog974
12-02-09, 07:27 AM

I was in the Army prior to joining the Corps, so it is not that unusual. A lot of people from other branches cross over.

Quinbo
12-02-09, 08:23 AM
I still want to know what condyloma is?

Supersquishy
12-02-09, 08:33 AM
I still want to know what condyloma is?

Sh1t stirrer! :D

Quinbo
12-02-09, 08:41 AM
If you look directly at Condi Rice and develope an melanoma is that a condyiloma?

New York
12-02-09, 11:40 AM
Good luck, you'll be enjoying our Boot Camp again..

And I believe you lose rank, back to PFC even if youre a NCO in other branch of our Armed Forces. The Marine Corps to my knowledge does not recognize it, but I could be wrong.

All I know is, as a Marine I don't have to do no other branches "basic training". Easy to switch over to the others but harder to be a Marine, nothing is given, all earned.

NoRemorse
12-02-09, 01:09 PM
If you look directly at Condi Rice and develope an melanoma is that a condyiloma?

Ok that's just funny right there

0331 2 0369
12-02-09, 01:19 PM

You need to start giving a little advanced warning before posting stuff like that. Before I read your post, making a head call was number 4 on my list of priorities. After reading your post and laughing my arse off, it became number 1 on my list of priorities.

Quinbo
12-02-09, 02:13 PM
I can see it now guns .... ha ha ha ha ohhh shiiiit .... ha ha ha ohhh shiiit slaps knee ... ha ha ha .... OH SHIIIT.

0331 2 0369
12-02-09, 02:24 PM
I can see it now guns .... ha ha ha ha ohhh shiiiit .... ha ha ha ohhh shiiit slaps knee ... ha ha ha .... OH SHIIIT.

ohhhhhh.... you have no idea. pretty close though. :D

MD8724
12-02-09, 02:33 PM
Good luck, you'll be enjoying our Boot Camp again..

And I believe you lose rank, back to PFC even if youre a NCO in other branch of our Armed Forces. The Marine Corps to my knowledge does not recognize it, but I could be wrong.

All I know is, as a Marine I don't have to do no other branches "basic training". Easy to switch over to the others but harder to be a Marine, nothing is given, all earned.

Less Motard, More Education

Phantom Blooper
12-02-09, 02:45 PM
Definition of Condyloma (Genital Warts)

Genital warts are a sexually transmitted disease that appears externally on the genitalia, in the anal area, internally in the upper vagina or cervix, and in the male urethra.

The lesion is typically raised and pinkish. This condition may produce no symptoms at all, or cause itching, burning, tenderness, pain during intercourse, or frequent urination.

Current or history of genital infection or ulceration, including, but not limited to herpes genitalis (054.13) and condyloma acuminatum (078.11), if of sufficient severity to require frequent intervention or to interfere with normal function, is disqualifying.:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-03-09, 03:20 AM
What the he......??? Is this Warts/Roids week???

I wish someone would have posted it or something so I could have avoided this section.

Crusader20
12-03-09, 08:46 AM
Definition of Condyloma (Genital Warts)

Genital warts are a sexually transmitted disease that appears externally on the genitalia, in the anal area, internally in the upper vagina or cervix, and in the male urethra.

The lesion is typically raised and pinkish. This condition may produce no symptoms at all, or cause itching, burning, tenderness, pain during intercourse, or frequent urination.

Current or history of genital infection or ulceration, including, but not limited to herpes genitalis (054.13) and condyloma acuminatum (078.11), if of sufficient severity to require frequent intervention or to interfere with normal function, is disqualifying.:evilgrin:

I really didnt need to know this:sick:

New York
12-03-09, 02:49 PM
Less Motard, More Education

Ha, "aye cpl", send it.