PDA

View Full Version : Obama's flight to West Point

Garyius
12-01-09, 07:12 PM
Why doesn't the Corps invest in a few extras MV-22s, with some comfort seats and comm gear?

The Obamaisah flew a helo to Andrews, then to NY on AF One, then on to West Point.

With an MV-22 (exec version) he could have gone WH lawn to Camp Buckner (or even the parade grounds) and it would have been faster, cheaper for my tax dollar, and 'better for the environment'.

Him not flying a 22 makes me think it is too risky for him (but killing a few lance corporals is just fine).

Supersquishy
12-02-09, 04:59 AM
Him not flying a 22 makes me think it is too risky for him (but killing a few lance corporals is just fine).

You just answered your own question.:mad:

Old Marine
12-02-09, 09:07 AM
One of the perks of being the POTUS.

kenrobg30
12-02-09, 01:36 PM
Why doesn't the Corps invest in a few extras MV-22s, with some comfort seats and comm gear?

The Obamaisah flew a helo to Andrews, then to NY on AF One, then on to West Point.

With an MV-22 (exec version) he could have gone WH lawn to Camp Buckner (or even the parade grounds) and it would have been faster, cheaper for my tax dollar, and 'better for the environment'.

:thumbdown Who Killed the first Lcpl.s in t5hese two Stupid wars We're in, Garyius? Try looking beyond your prejudices. :flag: Ken

Lupo22
12-02-09, 04:05 PM
:thumbdown Who Killed the first Lcpl.s in t5hese two Stupid wars We're in, Garyius? Try looking beyond your prejudices. :flag: Ken

Isn't he just referencing the unreliability of the 22? I'm not sure I quite understand this statement there kenrob

1stRad2671
12-02-09, 04:31 PM
Couldn't a CH-53 do the same? I've wondered why they went the route of the VH-71 rather modify 53s. It has the lifting capability and range required.

kenrobg30
12-02-09, 04:53 PM
Isn't he just referencing the unreliability of the 22? I'm not sure I quite understand this statement there kenrob
I thought I made it plain enough, but I guess I didn't, so let me try again. I was under the impression that these strinjgs, or what ever you call them ,were for Marines who had something constructive to Offer to their fellow Marines, in a spirit of goodwill and 'Brotherhood. Instead, I find people grinding their political axe. The guy who killed the first Lance Corporals in the Middle east old 'rr himself, then a couple of presidents later, LilGeorge came along and killed a whole lot more of them. Now Mr, Oboma is trying to save some of those Lance Corpoals, and the 'Red Staters, are doing their best to get in his way. You've given yous opinion, now I've given mine. I won't change your minds, any more than you'll change mine. A little honesty and seriuos thought , plus a closer look at history as it was, rather than how Limbaugh and O'Rily spread it, might be in Order. Hope I didn't confuse you, KenrobG :flag: