PDA

View Full Version : Vokoun hospitalized after accidental hit (Hockey)

jetdawgg
12-01-09, 07:18 AM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4702223

stein07
12-01-09, 09:10 PM
Wow, what a moron. It didn't even seem to phase him after he hit the goalie.

Osotogary
12-01-09, 11:56 PM
First impression. That's assault as far as I am concerned, frikken idiot, accident or no. The dude, just skated away, didn't even stop to help out. On that alone I say, "Book 'em, Danno." From what I have heard ...nothing is going to happen to him. Maybe, they are keeping this incident, what they can of it, accident or not, inhouse.

jetdawgg
12-02-09, 11:49 AM
My guess is he does not goalies giving up goals:D

jrhd97
12-02-09, 12:02 PM
Does rank up there as " one of the stupids things I've ever saw ". Some one needs some anger management. The league or the team not disciplining him is just sorry.

Zulu 36
12-02-09, 01:49 PM
First impression. That's assault as far as I am concerned, frikken idiot, accident or no. The dude, just skated away, didn't even stop to help out. On that alone I say, "Book 'em, Danno." From what I have heard ...nothing is going to happen to him. Maybe, they are keeping this incident, what they can of it, accident or not, inhouse.

This is hockey, not table tennis. That was just a stupid accident, not assault. The NHL said it was an in-house matter as far as they were concerned, and that is just where it belongs.

Osotogary
12-02-09, 04:28 PM
This is hockey, not table tennis.
Oh, I agree with you, Zulu 36. I just think that if he would have thrown some fists that would have fallen into what might be considered a typical hockey reaction, almost like a part of hockey, but adding a hockey stick into the fray escalated the situation a wee bit..don't ya think...even for hockey? I'm glad that it is being taken care of in-house because that video is going to around a long time.

Zulu 36
12-02-09, 04:36 PM
Oh, I agree with you, Zulu 36. I just think that if he would have thrown some fists that would have fallen into what might be considered a typical hockey reaction, almost like a part of hockey, but adding a hockey stick into the fray escalated the situation a wee bit..don't ya think...even for hockey? I'm glad that it is being taken care of in-house because that video is going to around a long time.

Remember these two people were both team-mates, not opposing players. I think the skater was just trying to hit the goal post in frustration, but didn't see his own goalie in the way. Ooops.

Had it been an opposing player involved, you can bet a really nice fight would have broken out and the NHL would have taken action.

Osotogary
12-02-09, 05:42 PM
Living in South Florida, although I am not a hockey fan, I certainly knew that both are teammates. This incident and its unfortunate consequences could fall into the category of "Blind Rage"; dangerous stuff and unpredictable as all get out.