PDA

View Full Version : Medical question?

ThunderHorse42
11-29-09, 10:41 PM
Hello Marines,

My friend motivated me to see the recruiter, but before I go, I had a couple questions.

I broke my leg a few years back snowboarding, it's fine now, healed up nicely. I run every day without any pains or aches. Only thing that shows is a small scar on my shin. Will that be grounds for me to be turned away?

Also, when I was maybe 10 or 11, I got angry alot. At school, at home, just about anywhere. I never did anything to get a ticket or anything to get me in legal trouble. But I was put on several different types of medications to see if any would help with my anger. Anti-psychotics, anti-depresents, etc. Abilify, Ambion, Geodon, Bupropion and that's all I can remember. Nothing worked, so my doctor dosed me down and stopped the medications at about 12 or 13.
I got myself into sports and afterschool stuff and that worked, but the question is, even though I havn't taken anything like it for over 6 years, is that grounds for refusal?
If I dont mention it, since it didn't work and was years ago, will that bite later on?

My friend leaves in jan for paris island, so he's not a Marine yet. He said to ask the recruiter, but I'd also like other opinions.

echo3oscar1833
11-29-09, 10:47 PM
Hello Marines,

My friend motivated me to see the recruiter, but before I go, I had a couple questions.

I broke my leg a few years back snowboarding, it's fine now, healed up nicely. I run every day without any pains or aches. Only thing that shows is a small scar on my shin. Will that be grounds for me to be turned away?

Also, when I was maybe 10 or 11, I got angry alot. At school, at home, just about anywhere. I never did anything to get a ticket or anything to get me in legal trouble. But I was put on several different types of medications to see if any would help with my anger. Anti-psychotics, anti-depresents, etc. Abilify, Ambion, Geodon, Bupropion and that's all I can remember. Nothing worked, so my doctor dosed me down and stopped the medications at about 12 or 13.
I got myself into sports and afterschool stuff and that worked, but the question is, even though I havn't taken anything like it for over 6 years, is that grounds for refusal?
If I dont mention it, since it didn't work and was years ago, will that bite later on?

My friend leaves in jan for paris island, so he's not a Marine yet. He said to ask the recruiter, but I'd also like other opinions.

Not a doctor so I can't answer your medical questions. As far as the pills well thats a MEP's issue. Someone who has been put on anti-psycotics, and a multitude of other pills relating to mental instability can be a concern for MEPs, and the recruiter when there trying joining for the first time. Its easier for the Marine Corps to take a sane person off the get go, and give them happy pills after there done with there enlistment.

NoRemorse
11-30-09, 07:51 AM
Not disclosing any of those issues would be grounds for being charged with an erroneous or fraudulent enlistment. <br />
<br />
The broken leg (hospital visit) will have to be documented. You may or may not...

Rocky C
11-30-09, 02:55 PM
Hello Marines,

Your profile says you are 19 and the Dr. took you off the Meds at 12 or 13.
At least one of the Meds you mentioned were not available 6 years ago ???