PDA

View Full Version : Interpret an address and care package

jrhd97
11-26-09, 12:46 PM
My wifes cousin is in the Air Force and we are trying to figure what his address means. The kids are interested in his service.
He has told us he was patrolling along the Hit river ( think the spelling is right).

His address is:
455 EAMXS/F-15 AMU
APO AE 09354

We are also wanting to send him a package for Christmas, but the knucklehead keeps saying he doesn't need anything. Any suggestions?

jrhd97
11-26-09, 12:54 PM
Correction - He calls it the **** Creek, doesn't help much. Said he hopes the **** Creek doesn't overflow from all the rain.

Zulu 36
11-26-09, 03:17 PM
My wifes cousin is in the Air Force and we are trying to figure what his address means. The kids are interested in his service.
He has told us he was patrolling along the Hit river ( think the spelling is right).

His address is:
455 EAMXS/F-15 AMU
APO AE 09354

We are also wanting to send him a package for Christmas, but the knucklehead keeps saying he doesn't need anything. Any suggestions?

The translation for the address is: 455 Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron/F-15 Aircraft Maintenance Unit.

It is an F-15 fighter maintenance unit under the 455 Expeditionary Air Wing, Bagram AB.

I don't know why an AF wing wiper would be outside of the wire on a patrol. If he was security forces, quite possibly, but not a wrench bender. They don't have anywhere close to the infantry training to be a safe member of any patrol. In fact, most AF people barely know which end of an M-16 the bullet comes out of.

jrhd97
11-26-09, 10:28 PM
Thanks, kinda of my thoughts. Not sure what he's doing. He's pretty easy to follow on his facebook posts. Not much OPSEC going on there.

JohnEaceHunt
11-27-09, 12:46 AM
Zulu My Son is a S/nco Safety Officer, and I assure you he knows more than which end of a weapon a bullet comes out of. His next job I hope, will be in Flying. Semper Fi, and Ready-APP.

Zulu 36
11-27-09, 11:24 AM
Zulu My Son is a S/nco Safety Officer, and I assure you he knows more than which end of a weapon a bullet comes out of. His next job I hope, will be in Flying. Semper Fi, and Ready-APP.

Sure, some AF people know more than others (I spent 14-years in the Air Guard, including Desert Storm). Some are very skilled with firearms. I was security police and we knew our weapons inside and out; Combat Controllers and PJs do also. There are some individuals in other specialties who are proficient as well (usually prior service Army or Marines and my daughter).

But the vast majority of the AF are really ignorant and barely know how to shoot an M-16. I've literally seen people shake like cats ****ting razor blades when they had to shoot an M-16 at the range. Security police were often asked to provide extra coaches to help the firearms instructors keep an eye on these people. I have to say our pilots were usually pretty enthusiastic and proficient shooters.

Although shooting the M-16 in AF basic is now mandatory for all recruits and they carry around blue dummy M-16s during their "field training," that does little to change the ingrained culture that people who carry guns for a living are knuckle draggers.