PDA

View Full Version : Possible ways to get referrals to follow through?

USMC Sokol
11-25-09, 08:14 PM
I haven't had much luck with the referral program. I've found a few people, three in fact, that I referred to my recruiter. None of them followed through and it's very aggravating ! I mean it's not easy finding someone to join the Marines and to see them not follow through and back out just ****es me off.

I know the decision is totally up to them, but I mean they wouldn't come to the RSS a few times and go through a few interviews and such for nothing.

Are there any tips you Marines have that I could do to possibly prevent this from happening?

Thank you:iwo:

MD8724
11-25-09, 08:46 PM
I haven't had much luck with the referral program. I've found a few people, three in fact, that I referred to my recruiter. None of them followed through and it's very aggravating ! I mean it's not easy finding someone to join the Marines and to see them not follow through and back out just ****es me off.

I know the decision is totally up to them, but I mean they wouldn't come to the RSS a few times and go through a few interviews and such for nothing.

Are there any tips you Marines have that I could do to possibly prevent this from happening?

Thank you:iwo:

Unless they wanted to actually talk to a Marine to get an actual picture of what it's really like, and then decided it wasn't for them.

Mindgame
11-26-09, 09:31 AM
You can't do anything to make someone change there minds. Its there decision, and nothing for you to be ****ed off about. Its not the end of the world. If you can't get your referal now, you can get it when you come home on bootleave, or recruiters assistance.