PDA

View Full Version : SSgt wants back in........

ssgt1833
11-25-09, 08:12 PM
Hello Marines... This is my first time on this forum and seems like im in the right spot. I've been reading up on these forums quite a bit looking for some info that I can use before walking into the prior service recruiter.... again. I've been out since 2003. In 2005 i visited a prior service recruiter and they didnt seem very motiviated to help me out. So I never went back. Its been rough these past few years with the economy, so now Im looking at the possibilities of going back in, atleast get ;;my foot in the door with reserves. Im single, no kids, good military record (ok... 1 njp), a few extra tattoos that are not really visible w/ pt gear, still 295 pft..... I dont mind lat move, i was 1833 Tracks. I would like to go in the 0300 field. Any help and info would be great.. Thnx and have an outstanding Turkey Day!!!! :usmc:

egbutler1
11-25-09, 08:32 PM
Hello Marines... This is my first time on this forum and seems like im in the right spot. I've been reading up on these forums quite a bit looking for some info that I can use before walking into the prior service recruiter.... again. I've been out since 2003. In 2005 i visited a prior service recruiter and they didnt seem very motiviated to help me out. So I never went back. Its been rough these past few years with the economy, so now Im looking at the possibilities of going back in, atleast get ;;my foot in the door with reserves. Im single, no kids, good military record (ok... 1 njp), a few extra tattoos that are not really visible w/ pt gear, still 295 pft..... I dont mind lat move, i was 1833 Tracks. I would like to go in the 0300 field. Any help and info would be great.. Thnx and have an outstanding Turkey Day!!!! :usmc:

Dang SSgt you should have gave it a shot in 07 they were hurting so bad they recalled my ass after being out only a year, but I got out of that one. I wouldn't see why you should be having a problem getting back in. Its been awhile so I wouldn't be surprised if you lost some rank. But I don't know how it works for SNCO's but you im sure there are some around here that can help you out better than i.

ssgt1833
11-25-09, 08:43 PM
Yup... I kick myself in the A** every day for that one... would have been a walk in the park in 07. Hope everything is well for you CPL..

Thinblueline81
11-27-09, 05:43 PM
Were you stationed at Camp Del Mar?

ssgt1833
11-27-09, 09:14 PM
Yes, I was in Camp Del Mar... mostly on the AVTB side testing AAAV.

MontezumaCpl
11-28-09, 12:13 AM
Good Luck, SSgt., Keep trying!

Petz
11-28-09, 01:41 AM
messages sent hope they help.

Thinblueline81
11-28-09, 08:34 AM
Yes, I was in Camp Del Mar... mostly on the AVTB side testing AAAV.

I was on Del Mar in 2000.

egbutler1
11-28-09, 01:48 PM
Yup... I kick myself in the A** every day for that one... would have been a walk in the park in 07. Hope everything is well for you CPL..

I hear ya SSgt I should have never got out myself but now its on to the private sector. I wish you the best of luck brother. It will be good to go.

ssgt1833
12-03-09, 02:08 PM
Thank for the replies gentlemen, and especially all that great info from SSgt Petz. As soon as I get done with a work project, i will head out to the Rec. office. Any one have any suggestions out here in So Cal... LA area? ... Ill keep this thread updated maybe i will get some great info for others...

Semper Fi... :flag: