PDA

View Full Version : Personal Security Detachment

Tonyr5
11-25-09, 01:56 PM
During my search for the right MOS for me to choose i came across not a specific MOS but a certain duty which was the Personal Security Detachment/Company. This job seems to be pretty much exactly what i was interested in as i was also looking into doing Security Forces which i also found fit my liking. I have not found a MOS specifically designated to doing personal security, for battlefield commanders and officers, i have tried searching every which way but have come up short i found a few articles depicting what it is they do but found nothing on how to become one so i ask you Marines for any help you can offer thanks!

MSSlaughter
11-25-09, 02:46 PM
PSDs are usually filled on an as needed basis. There is no MOS for it. If they need one, they generally grab some Marines who have experience, train them, and send them....

hussaf
11-25-09, 04:34 PM
Generally, as with most things in the military, if its really important (like PSD for a General/VIP) it will go to a civilian contractor.

Tonyr5
11-25-09, 06:08 PM
PSDs are usually filled on an as needed basis. There is no MOS for it. If they need one, they generally grab some Marines who have experience, train them, and send them....

Thank you just what i needed to know