PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's mother wont sign??

bTell
11-25-09, 09:40 AM
Hey guy's I forget what the paper is actually called but its the one that has to be notorized. Anyways long story short she refuses to sign and my recruiter said that this has to be done. Do you guy's know of any way around this?
This is the only thing stopping me she is very stubborn and against the military. I am married to someone else so were not together.

polizei
11-25-09, 10:07 AM
Only way around it is to wait until she's 18. And what do you mean only thing stopping you? You're story is a little bit confusing, you might want to explain yourself better.

Wyoming
11-25-09, 10:44 AM
I am totally confused here.

Lisa 23
11-25-09, 10:50 AM
Hey guy's I forget what the paper is actually called but its the one that has to be notorized. Anyways long story short she refuses to sign and my recruiter said that this has to be done. Do you guy's know of any way around this?
This is the only thing stopping me she is very stubborn and against the military. I am married to someone else so were not together.

First...it's Marines, not "hey guys".
Second...your profile has your age listed as 24, so why would you need anyone to sign any papers for you? You're old enough to sign your own papers.

NoRemorse
11-25-09, 10:55 AM
I"m assuming that he's separated from the mother of his child. He needs the mother to sign off because he's got a dependent.

Lisa 23
11-25-09, 11:01 AM
The only way that this young man is going to get any good advice is if he explains the situation better than what he has.

bTell
11-25-09, 05:17 PM
Sorry Marine's..What I mean by this is the only thing stopping is that all the paperwork, testing, etc.. is finished. Except for the fact she has not signed the paper stating she will have full custody, while I'm deployed I cant steal my daughter from her etc.. She just simply refuses to sign it and I just did not know if there was any loop hole's.? Thanks Brian.

Zulu 36
11-25-09, 07:29 PM
Sorry Marine's..What I mean by this is the only thing stopping is that all the paperwork, testing, etc.. is finished. Except for the fact she has not signed the paper stating she will have full custody, while I'm deployed I cant steal my daughter from her etc.. She just simply refuses to sign it and I just did not know if there was any loop hole's.? Thanks Brian.

Have you talked to your recruiter about this? If not, do so.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-28-09, 03:07 AM
Have you tried explaining the situation to HER? Have the recruiter go with you.

Old Marine
11-28-09, 09:31 AM
This is about as clear as mud. Maybe you should draw a picture.

BR34
11-28-09, 09:46 AM

Explain to her the potential benefits, like stable support for the child, the child being able to be exposed to different places (assuming the mother would let her visit you). Instead of focusing on the deployments try to get her focused on the good things that will come with you being in the military.

bTell
11-28-09, 06:44 PM
Marines I have tried it all. Yes my recruiter did go with me once before we even had to have the local Sheriff come out. I was just posting this on here to see if maybe some of you Marines had encountered this before I found a way around it. Thanks again

SGT7477
11-28-09, 06:53 PM
That's a good one, clear as mud.

Zulu 36
11-28-09, 07:00 PM
Perhaps you should consult an attorney. Maybe, just maybe, he can get a judge to make her show cause why she won't sign the child care plan since it won't affect custody or support. You may have to...

StoneTheWeak
11-29-09, 05:47 PM
You might not need to have her take full custody, if there's someone else, such as your parents, who are willing to take your share of the custody. That will have to be done in family court, but there's no reason it can't be done. My mother signed over my custody for my grandparents for a lonnnng time, until my dad won it in court. So you should be able to if you find someone willing.