PDA

View Full Version : Question about reserves to active duty

Flic
11-24-09, 05:45 PM
Well, my original ship date was December 14 and I had an artillery contract up until a few weeks ago when I found out that I was moved up to the 1st. I lost the job because, as the recruiter put it, I was put in a new period and my job could not carry over. He has been trying to get me an artillery contract for active duty, but was unable to.

I took my IST today and after it he told me that he couldn't get artillery for me and the only way that I would get artillery and leave on 1st would be if I went into the reserves. He was telling me that I could switch to active once I finish all the training and arrive to a unit and that he was a reservist and switched over to active, but I get the feeling this is easier said than done. He also told me that I would be able to go into active reserves, but didn't get much info on what it is.

I've searched on the forums and on google and haven't managed to get much information on this. I would like to know how long it would take to switch and whether or not it is likely to happen.

Thanks.