PDA

View Full Version : Recon Ron Pull Up Program Question...

Jonathan Goss
11-24-09, 07:39 AM
I tried asking this in the RR Pull Up Thread but it wouldn't let me post a reply nor could I find the specific answers, which sucks because my questions are fairly standard:

I can hit around 13 pull ups/chin ups (pull ups: hands facing forward/chin ups: hands facing towards my face) every day but can't seem to make any progress over the past months. I want to give the Recon Ron program a try but am not sure where to start. I tried the first step today but it was too easy. Any suggestions from people who have dealt with the program? Also, what kind of a recovery time should be allotted between sets?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
J

Gunney3042
12-07-09, 05:56 AM
If week one is to easy start at a different week. You can do 13 max now so start at week 5.
Rest for 1min between sets. If that doesn't work go to 1 1/2 etc. Never more then 3 mins though
good luck

Jonathan Goss
12-07-09, 06:12 AM
Thank you very much for the reply, sir. I bumped it up to week 6 after that post. Starting week 8 now. I've been resting for 1 min between sets so glad to know I haven't been slacking off.

Unfortunately I DQ'ed at the recruiter's office b/c of a surgery I had when I was 2 years old (permanent DQ) so I guess my military career is shot--which is SUPER depressing--but i don't want my Spartan Power Tower to collect too much dust so I'll keep doing it just to be doing SOMETHING, you know?

Thanks again for your time,
J