PDA

View Full Version : Advice.

Nic
11-23-09, 12:05 PM
First i would like to say Hello and thank you for doing what you do Marines. <br />
<br />
I need some advice, but before i ask for it i want to share a little bit of my story. <br />
At the age of 18 i dropped out...

Quinbo
11-23-09, 12:30 PM
No

Nic
11-23-09, 12:33 PM
A little bit of explanation would be appreciated

NoRemorse
11-23-09, 12:37 PM
Too many dependents, age waiver, GED waiver unless you complete the 15 college hours from an accredited school, moral waivers for past criminal charges. <br />
<br />
You may also require medical waivers for...

sparkie
11-23-09, 02:29 PM
Thanks, NoRemorse for putting the 'Why' with the 'No'.
Sad, but that should about do it.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-24-09, 02:16 AM
Bingo. There are NO waivers for age with no prior service. At this point, from what I'm hearing from others around the 'net, the Marines are pretty much ONLY taking those currently IN High School, for Delayed Entry contracts. GED's, criminal waivers, etc etc., are 'no go's' these days with little chance for entry.

Again, once you pass the 'magic' number of 28, if you have NO prior service in the military, you are NOT going to be age waivered.

polizei
11-24-09, 01:01 PM
Agreed. Especially since the Corps has already over-filled their quota, I don't ever seeing a chance to join. You might have some luck with the Army if you get 15 credit hours...but I would say the Marines are a no-go no matter what. Sorry man, but thanks for the interest in wanting to be a Marine.