PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the # 1 Reason I Might Never Become An Officer

bgsuwoody
11-23-09, 12:48 AM
Well after about 20 hours of solid work my Patrol Order, Warning Order, and Patrol Overlay for Infantry Squad Leaders Course are finished and they come out to a whopping 34 pages handwritten (not including the warning order and overlay). Let me tell you my brain is fried and I am not sure if I can take anymore lol. Now if only it can get me Honor Grad...

Lets just say I'll stick to the tactical decision making on the battlefield rather than the planning in the COC :sick:. I just can't do it. The money would be great but the stress and boredom just are not worth it.

I may have earned a 'lil :marine:more respect for you officers out there...now don't go getting a big head (just kidding).

MLMonk
11-23-09, 01:00 AM
If the Marines didn't have a pilot MOS, I wouldn't try to become one either, at least at my point in my career.

jinelson
11-23-09, 01:16 AM
Mike its been an honor to follow your career in our Corps from wannabe to Poolee to Marine. Always remember that its a team effort and we all have a special talent to bring to the fight. I sleep easy knowing that Marines like you are on duty watching my back.

Semper Fi

Jim

MontezumaCpl
11-23-09, 02:41 AM
Amen, Staff Sergeant. Mike thanks for your service and dedication. You keep up the great work and you just may become an officer quicker than you think. Sounds like you are already on a very good path for an Officer Candidate.

Semper Fi!

Zulu 36
11-23-09, 07:15 AM
Well after about 20 hours of solid work my Patrol Order, Warning Order, and Patrol Overlay for Infantry Squad Leaders Course are finished and they come out to a whopping 34 pages handwritten (not including the warning order and overlay). Let me tell you my brain is fried and I am not sure if I can take anymore lol. Now if only it can get me Honor Grad... SNIP

Pain in the ass, ain't they?

Let me echo jinelson's comments about your progression from poolee to Marine NCO. You were pretty grounded as a poolee, and I'm sure you are even more so now after a run through the sand.

I think you have the potential to go a long way in the Corps if you stick with it. Good luck on honor grad.

Phantom Blooper
11-23-09, 08:03 AM
Mike

You have come along way Buggsy to get where you got to today.

Infantry Squad Leaders course is a good course and builds structure and character.

Along with all the small unit leadership traits!

From the time you are spending on your battle orders you are well on your way to being a good leader.

I would caution you on two thing know your limitations and avoid burnout.

Sounds like you would also benefit from your units "Super Squad" completion.

Best of luck to you and as Jim and Zulu said the pleasure has been mine!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Semper-Fi!

christ0ph0311
11-26-09, 09:46 AM
woodall how the hell did you pick up so early? I remember when you were still a new guy(boot). combat meritorious?

bgsuwoody
11-26-09, 07:04 PM
Bingo

GSEMarine94
11-30-09, 07:21 AM
Now you know why it's called "crossing over to the Dark side."