PDA

View Full Version : MOS question

03USMC01
11-22-09, 08:28 PM
So I want to do security forces for my MOS and was wondering if the fact that I told them that I have tried marijuana in my past back when i was in 8th grade and haven't done it since then would would disqualify me from getting that job or any other job?

MLMonk
11-22-09, 09:05 PM
I highly doubt it, if that was the only time you've done that, then they really wouldn't care. I wouldn't even bother mentioning it. What would DQ you is if you were charged with possession or...

03USMC01
11-22-09, 09:15 PM
Alright thanks! but ya i have never been charged with any kind of drug crime and the only drug i ever did was marijuana and that was back in the summer of 8th grade before 9th grade and i haven't...

Zulu 36
11-23-09, 07:08 AM
So I want to do security forces for my MOS and was wondering if the fact that I told them that I have tried marijuana in my past back when i was in 8th grade and haven't done it since then would would disqualify me from getting that job or any other job?

Yes, tell them that you did. Never lie to your recruiter or to MEPS. You would be surprised how many skeletons from your closet a security clearance investigation can reveal.

You say no, but the investigation reveals yes, you're screwed, blued, and tattooed. If you smoked in front of people or told anyone (including us), it can be found. A single use, years ago, isn't necessarily disqualifying.

Now that you confessed on-line, you might as well admit it to your recruiter and MEPS.

03USMC01
11-23-09, 02:27 PM
I have already told the people at MEPS about it and it has been documented to my file, but the question i had was weather or not it would keep me from getting a security clearance for some jobs? Thanks.

Zulu 36
11-23-09, 02:32 PM
I have already told the people at MEPS about it and it has been documented to my file, but the question i had was weather or not it would keep me from getting a security clearance for some jobs? Thanks.

OK, good.

The best answer I can give you is: It is probably not going to affect you since you owned up to it and it is in the distant past. But I don't make those decisions.

0331 2 0369
11-23-09, 02:52 PM
I smoked that crap a few times about 3 years before I joined. Didn't hurt my chances. Uncle Sam can be pretty forgiving and willing to give you another chance if the crime/offense wasn't to bad. I joined with a clearence and still have one to this day.

Bringtherain
11-26-09, 04:50 PM
You'll be fine. <br />
<br />
I've got a marijuana waiver and I have a secret security clearance. <br />
<br />
As longe as you weren't charged with anything it won't stop you.

JSam
11-26-09, 05:01 PM
I'm SF, and they'll ask you if you've done any drug more than 3 times, how many times you've been drunk, passed out from drinking, drank, been cited or detained for any reason, and if you've ever downloaded media illegally.

If you've only hit up weed once, a long time ago, you should be good to go, kid.