PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all and I need some help

Th0r76
11-22-09, 05:26 AM
Hello my name is Tajon Burton. I'm from Oregon and I finally decided to join the Marines this up coming summer after I graduate from College. Right now I'm looking to become a Mechanic in the Corps. As of now I'm working on my degree in Heavy Equipment/Diesel Mechanics at my college and I was wondering if anyone is or was a mechanic in the Corps? I think the MOS is 3521? Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I was looking for any incite you have on what to expect on my way and any other information would be a great help.

Thanks
Tajon

Edit: I used the search function and turned up nothing, so you know.

Phantom Blooper
11-22-09, 07:48 AM
PM SSGT "PETZ" on this site he is MT and should be knowlagble about that field and MOS.:evilgrin:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=51613

GSEMarine94
11-22-09, 09:34 AM
Don't narrow yourself down to a single MOS. I'm not putting down MT but I was a 6072 Aviation Support Equipment Mechanic / Hydraulicsman. We worked on cranes, tugs, etc. When I got out I went to work as a heavy equipment mechanic and did this for 8 years. Talk to a recruiter and choose the MOS that really interest you.

Isrowei
11-22-09, 09:53 AM
If you're graduating with a 4-year degree, have you considered becoming an officer?

Th0r76
11-22-09, 05:10 PM
No, my degree is from a two year college. I have though about being a officer, and It's kinda on my list but I'm thinking of the reserve route for me. I still have two terms left of school, so nothing is final and I still have to talk to my recruiter.

I have aviation as my secondary MOS. Like you said, "Don't narrow yourself down to a single MOS." I have about four I'm interested in. They mostly have to do with mechanical stuff.

ebcole
11-22-09, 05:22 PM
Very good; future Marine.

Th0r76
11-22-09, 05:32 PM
Thank you. I try to keep my options open.