PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for your service

kentmitchell
11-19-09, 06:15 PM
My oldest daughter called with a nice story today. She, her husband and middle son were at Fort Benning for the youngest son's Turning Blue ceremony--for Marines, that's when a soldier completes...

firedog974
11-19-09, 06:22 PM
:thumbup:Semper Fi
If we shot liberals, there would be no more draft dogging.......

BJKpfaller
11-19-09, 06:59 PM
If liberals were legal targets It would be a target rich enviorement. Is that why Democrats always shop at target stores?

Lupo22
11-19-09, 08:50 PM
You mean did anyone ever thank you in Jacksonville? I think that because Jacksonville is a military town, everyone's kind of immune to the whole military thing. They'd be thanking people all day if they did. Second, its a Marine town. If you're wearing "fatigues" out in public, you're wrong (if you're a Marine) or your just some Army or Air Force guy (or girl) to them.

Now, once you go outside of the town, its good to go. When I was down in South Florida, I went to a restaurant during break from the RS in my D.B. Delta's and had our lunch paid for for all 7 of the Marines with me. It was over $100. Very nice of them. They remained anonymous too.

Anyways, thank you for your service! :) Semper Fi

BJKpfaller
11-20-09, 12:04 PM
No noone ever thanked me for my service when I got out in 1969. I felt like I was something swept under the rug like another piece of trash. Back then nobody wanted veterans around and if you had been in vietnam people would act like they just saw your picture at the post office.
In this day and age I am proud of the way the average Americans are showing there respect and thanks to the serviemen and women and also the veterans when they meet them. It is past time that people realize who it is that have and continue to keep them free with their secrifices they make every day and also those who have paid the ultimate price. For this I will give thanks this thanksgiving. To those you are serving now just in case no one ever tells you Thank you for a job well done
Semper Fi
Jack Pfaller

Hanzo
11-20-09, 01:05 PM
I graduated bootcamp in April of 2003. My dad decided to take myself and my stepmother out to dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse one night while I was on leave. Being the proud Marine that I am, I wore my service alphas. We finished out dinner which included appetizers, main courses, side dishes, desserts and drinks (over $300) and upon asking for the check, discovered that it had been paid for a gentleman across the restaurant. This was on the embarcadero in San Diego, maybe 3 miles from MCRD. I, of course, thanked the man, but after that I was cautious about wearing my uniform out. I felt a bit guilty about accepting something so generous.

Lupo22
11-21-09, 12:42 PM
I've only been to a couple of bars/restaurants out in my hometown where I've showed my military ID for ID verification and NOT received free drinks or food. Sometimes I guess I feel guilty for accepting handouts, but then when I'm face down in the mud, or running through the water when its 50 degrees outside and they're asleep in their beds snuggled up with their spouses, that guilt just fades away hehe