PDA

View Full Version : Semper Fidelis Joseph E. Mainville

Chumley
11-19-09, 07:35 AM
It is with sadness that I make this post for a Marine who no longer marches amongst us. I didn't know this man personally, however I work with his daughter, Debra. Debra was born in Beaufort, SC while her Father Joseph was stationed at Parris Island as a Drill Instructor. Joseph was a veteran of both Korea and Vietnam, and while I do not know his specifics, I do know he loved the Marine Corps. Debra tells me that he always maintained a spit-shined appearance, long after his active duty was complete, and took great pride in the fact that he was one of The Few, and particularly a former DI and maker of Marines.

Semper Fidelis Joseph. Assume your post at St. Peter's Gate.
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="Large Heading TopPadSmall" vAlign=bottom width="55%">Joseph E. Mainville</TD><TD width="1%"></TD><TD class=TopPadSmall align=right width="44%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class="Notice TopPadSmall" colSpan=3><!-- Notice Name = Mainville, Joseph E. -->http://mi-cache.legacy.com/legacy/images/Cobrands/TimesUnion-Albany/photos/vflag_2009-11-19.jpghttp://mi-cache.legacy.com/legacy/images/Cobrands/TimesUnion-Albany/photos/0003398356-01-1_2009-11-19.jpgMainville, Joseph E. LATHAM Joseph E. Mainville, 75, died November 17, 2009, at Our Lady of Hope Residence, Latham after a long valiant battle with cancer. He was born and educated in Cohoes and was the son of the late Joseph and Emeline LeMay Mainville. He was a laborer for Local 190, Glenmont and was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, serving during the Korean and Vietnam Wars. Survivors are his wife, Mary Patenaude Mainville of Latham, and predeceased by the late Dorothy Bourdeau Mainville; his children, Debra Mainville (Michael Barber) of Kinderhook, N.Y., Daniel Mainville (Dawn) of Albany, Darlene Aquino (David) of Grand Island, Denise Jones (John) of East Greenbush and Darcie Adams (Tom) of Duanesburg. He is also survived by several brothers, sisters; 13 grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. Funeral Friday 10:30 a.m. at Our Lady of Hope Chapel, Latham, where a Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated. Interment in New Rural Cemetery, East Greenbush, N.Y. Relatives and friends may call at Our Lady of Hope Residence, 1 Jeanne Jugan Lane, Latham on Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Joe's memory to the Little Sisters of the Poor. Arrangements are by the Dufresne Funeral Home, Inc., Cohoes. For directions and guest registry, dufresnefuneralhome.com

:flag:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ameriken
11-25-09, 02:08 PM
Rest in peace Joseph. Semper Fi :usmc:

Rocky C
11-25-09, 02:39 PM
R.I.P Joseph.
Semper Fi My Brother,
Rocky

DocMainville
03-04-10, 03:02 PM
My father, Leo and Joe were brothers. My father always spoke well of my Uncle Joe and was proud of him for serving in the Marine Corps. Our living room had pictures of my Granfather in his Navy Uniform and my Uncle Joe in his Marine Corps Uniform. Both of them inspired me to take the military path of a U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman, Stationed with the Marines. I'm glad that I was able to make it home in time to see him before he left us. His presence is one that will be greatly missed, but never forgotten.

Semper Fi, Uncle Joe!

All my love....

Little Leo

Rocky C
03-04-10, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the Forum Leo.
Sorry for Your Loss.
I posted above when he passed in November.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

DocMainville
06-21-11, 12:06 AM
My Uncle Joe....
I not only loved him as my Uncle, but as the amazing man he was. I'm glad I had the opportunity to spend time with him before he passed on. Ooh-Rah, Uncle Joe. Semper Fidelis! I know I didn't join the Marines, but you always told me that Corpsmen were some of the toughest Marines you ever met.