PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Duty as a CPL

Ingle
11-19-09, 01:54 AM
Does anyone know if this is possible?? I would LOVE to be TAD to be a recruiter.

Any info or advice is greatly appreciated...

semper fi

avenger08
11-20-09, 08:51 AM
LCpl Ingle, basically the only B billet a corporal is technically allowed to fill is MSG Duty. i am currently in the process of putting in my package. just waiting on medical before it can get routed up for approval.

Lupo22
11-21-09, 12:44 PM
I had a Cpl at my recruiting station...not sure how he got there if its not allowed...he was a reservist I believe so maybe that had something to do with it?

Hologram
11-21-09, 01:25 PM
I've never understood how you can get a bonus on your composite score for being a DI/Recruiter, but you can't be either one of those until you don't get a composite score...

Donut Brigade
12-13-09, 03:47 PM
I've never understood how you can get a bonus on your composite score for being a DI/Recruiter, but you can't be either one of those until you don't get a composite score...

What if you get busted down?

MLMonk
12-13-09, 03:57 PM
You can get on RA as a Cpl, and you can also be a recruiter as a Cpl (there was a Cpl recruiter in my RS when I 1st went to MEPS). MCT instructors can be Cpl's too, and DI's can go through the school as one, but they have to be close to picking up Sgt.

RLE0352
12-13-09, 04:35 PM
I know two Corporals that went on recruiting duty at RSS Tulsa in the mid-80s. Both were promoted to Sgt soon after.

commdog7
12-13-09, 04:46 PM
Last I heard, you can go recruiting duty as a Cpl, but you have to be close to picking up Sgt. You will be promoted before you get posted.

Occasionally, when they are hurting for DI's, they will allow Cpl's to go through the school, but they will pick up Sgt by the time they graduate. Same concept.

echo3oscar1833
12-13-09, 05:28 PM
Last I heard, you can get promoted Sgt Major as a Private. Well maybe not, but do you all see where this thread is going. Its turning into one of those "Well I heard" threads. Semper!!!:D

MARINECID
12-13-09, 10:37 PM
I am a Career Recruiter at RS Detroit. Been here 9 years. I have seen several Cpl's come out here. Hell, both left after 3 years as a SSgt. You get 100 points after you graduate from recruiter school. The only stipulation I am aware of is that you must be on your second tour. Good luck.

slimmy07
12-14-09, 06:46 AM
Yes, You can go on recruiting duty as a Cpl. I worked with a Cpl who was a recruiter when I was on recruiting duty. He was actually a damn good recuiter. He got promoted to Sgt. after 6 months or so. Last I heard, he was a SSgt and was staying on recruiting duty as an 8412. Keep in mind though, and I'm sure GySgt will agree with me on this. Other than actually being in a firefight there is no tougher or more stressful duty in the Corps than recruiting. I had fun during my 3 years on recruiting duty, but I had a lot of long nights and early days trying to make mission.

duragliter
12-14-09, 07:49 AM
Bear this in mind before you pick your B-Billet: There were two Cpls in my class at DIScol in '81. Both graduated, one succeeded and one tanked.

I always laughed at the Graduating Class of Recruiters as they marched across the grinder towards the theater in San Diego...

Then, in 1990, I had to go on a "Recruiter Assist," as a working Drill Instructor, and found-out what the heck "they" go through.

Fark that!

Try to do some time as a Recruiter's Assistant before you decide to commit. It's a weird world out there. Or if, as it should be, you're desire is to be "considered ahead for promotion," try another "B."

You'll need to be on your second hitch before HQMC will even accept any package.