PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Boot Camp

PooleeMichaelT
11-17-09, 11:02 AM
Anyone who has been through MCRD San Diego, care to share general experiances or how it was for you? tips for me....my ship date is December 7th...are the DI's good at there job? any week during training that stuck out as the hardest? I'd love to hear about it.

J Cooper
11-17-09, 11:30 AM
You will remember every week of boot for the rest of your life. Its going to be cold and miserable. Go chow by chow, then day by day once you get used to being thrashed constantly and you wont have a problem. Good Luck and just remember... they cant eat you.

polizei
11-17-09, 12:24 PM
It's all the same, it all sucks...just go with it. I went to PI, but it's still boot camp either way...

0231Marine
11-17-09, 12:24 PM
...are the DI's good at there job?

They wouldn't be drill instructors if they weren't!

Just keep your eyes peeled and do as you're told. Move at maximum speed with everything you do and always sound off when ever you say anything.

Follow those steps and you'll be good. You're still going to get thrashed constantly but at least you'll be moving quickly and yelling loudly while it's happening.

Lisa 23
11-17-09, 01:03 PM
are the DI's good at there job?
That's Drill Instructors to you.
And I can't believe someone would actually ask a question like that.

"Without Drill Instructors, we wouldn't have a Marine Corps. They make Marines. They've got to be in great physical shape and have got to be squared away, but equally important, they must live and breathe Marine Corps values of HONOR, COURAGE AND COMMITMENT. It takes a lot of stamina and character to be a Drill Instructor."

Drill Instructor Duty is considered one of the most honored and valuable positions a Marine can hold, and is absolutely vital to the process of making Marines.
After passing the screening process and being selected for the 36-month Drill Instructor Duty tour, a Marine must first attend Drill Instructor School at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, or MCRD Parris Island, S.C. The 12-week course emphasizes leadership, judgment, professionalism, time-management, and, of course, physical fitness.

So, to answer your question - Drill Instructors aren't good at what they do...........
Drill Instructors are EXCELLENT at what they do!

Dale0817
11-17-09, 01:22 PM
Yes it sucks, yes the Drill Instructors are very good at their job. And for me, I would have to say field week was the lamest.

Just stay motivated and dont look like you're scared... Easy target LOL

Zulu 36
11-17-09, 01:33 PM
I have seen recruits training in the main four services (Coast Guard excepted). Marine Corps Drill Instructors are by far the most intense, focused, and dynamic perfectionists of the group.

People from other branches can't imagine how Drill Instructors do it and how we survive it. Simple - that's why we're Marines and they're not.

Old Marine
11-17-09, 05:00 PM
Anyone who has been through MCRD San Diego, care to share general experiances or how it was for you? tips for me....my ship date is December 7th...are the DI's good at there job? any week during training that stuck out as the hardest? I'd love to hear about it.

You kids are something else. One of your questions was "Are the DI's good at there job?" You need to engage your brain housing group before asking anything ever again on this board. If they were not good at their job. you would not be able to earn the EGA. By the way, its their not there. Now engage you brain housing group and think about it.

Just report to MCRD, San Diego and let everything be a supprise. That's what I did a long time ago and I got my EGA.

SlingerDun
11-17-09, 06:31 PM
..my ship date is December 7thEarly mornings in SD County can be surprisingly chilly when there's nothing between you and the lord but a soft cover. Don't sweat the constant jetliner traffic across the fence line with people coming and going freely and those who are bedded down in their million dollar cribs NNE in the Mission Hills, they're not you. You chose to be a USMC recruit.

--->Dave

josephd
11-17-09, 07:00 PM
have fun around Christmas time when hundreds of jets are taking off and landing, thinking you could be on one on your way home for the holidays!

PooleeMichaelT
11-17-09, 08:37 PM
If you'd like me to respect you, you should respect me I dont care if You are a Marine and I am only a poolee. it's just a question, lighten up.

sparkie
11-17-09, 08:59 PM
Michael,,,,,, Learn your place. This is OUR site,,,,,, and you are lower than whale shet.

You don't care?????? Why the Fuk should we???

Lisa 23
11-17-09, 08:59 PM
PooleeMichaelT....all wannabes and poolees are just guests on this site, and should be courtious and respectful to ALL MARINES. Being mouthy and disrepectful to any Marines will not be tolerated, and when you mess with one Marine, you mess with us ALL!
When you EARN the title, you'll get just as much respect as ALL of us Marines have now.

josephd
11-17-09, 09:05 PM
hahahaha tell that to your drill instructors on black friday

J Cooper
11-17-09, 09:10 PM
PooleeMichaelT....all wannabes and poolees are just guests on this site, and should be courtious and respectful to ALL MARINES. Being mouthy and disrepectful to any Marines will not be tolerated, and when you mess with one Marine, you mess with us ALL!
When you EARN the title, you'll get just as much respect as ALL of us Marines have now.
Well said.