PDA

View Full Version : Parental permission at 17

jc091393
11-16-09, 09:49 PM
Hey Marines,just wondering,if you're seventeen you need parental permission to join but whose? both parents? I live with my Mom but the only one who'd sign would be my Dad who I see every two weeks.Would he be able to sign the permission thing? Thanks in advance Marines!

josephd
11-16-09, 11:00 PM
find out who has custody of you (more than likely your mom) and that would be the person, if there is full joint custody then either could do it

awbrown1462
11-17-09, 07:03 AM
my mother signed for me

Zulu 36
11-17-09, 07:14 AM
Hey Marines,just wondering,if you're seventeen you need parental permission to join but whose? both parents? I live with my Mom but the only one who'd sign would be my Dad who I see every two weeks.Would he be able to sign the permission thing? Thanks in advance Marines!

It depends on what the child custody order says about major decisions involving you. It may require both parents sign off.

Actually, all they are signing is permission for you to go to MEPS and enter DEP. You probably won't ship until you are 18 and can sign your own legal documents.

In my case my father signed with my mom saying, "Hurry, before he changes his mind." :D

sparkie
11-17-09, 07:24 AM
"Think of it this way, Mom. You won't have to feed me for years".

One parent sig was good for me. I turned 18 2 months after boot.

awbrown1462
11-17-09, 08:26 AM
My step-son had to have his mother and his father even though he lived with his mother