PDA

View Full Version : Reenlistment

GIrene
11-15-09, 12:17 PM
So I was in that bind awhile back with my weight, this that and the other.

Well things happen to those who wait. And I got a bit of a surprise along the way.

The surprise was picking up Sergeant. Totally unexpected but it happened. And at least I'm on a waiting list for Sergeant's Course.

My reenlistment went through sadly for my current MOS which I feel the need to get out of. But waiting until Dec to find out if 0231 still had slots left after it opened up was a bit of a risk.

So I finally get my reenlistment up the chain and I guess I impressed the CO a little bit in my FTAP (we talked for a good 30 minutes). Despite most putting Recommend with Confidence and my Master Guns putting Reservation, the Skipper put with Enthusiasm and I guess his opinion is the one that matters most.

Before I find out if its approved in the system. I get an email two Fridays ago telling me that I have PCS Orders. "Huh?" I think. I'm supposed to PCS to VMFA(AW)-242 in 'Kuni in July. Well either my reup was approved and this is a part of that (242 was my third choice though :P) or they made a major mistake because you don't PCS a guy the month he'd EAS if he wasn't reenlisting.

The following Monday the Career Jammer told me I was approved. I'll be swearing my oath for my 2nd enlistment this Wednesday.

I may try and lat move down the road to 0231 in two years, but I've been prospecting at going Warrant Officer, but I don't have much info on that other than the orders but I was wanting something more personable. Any Warrant Officers here care to expound on the orders/requirements?

Then again making Gunny would be quite the achievement. (But apparently hard as hell in the wing).

So patience is the best virtue (and something I got a lot of).

Here's to 4 more years. After that I'll have 9, and at that point I might as well keep going. I've thought about still doing my plans of getting a degree in History Education (and a teaching certificationi), and if I do retire, try and volunteer to do Marine JROTC and also sign on as a paid substitute with the school too. Gotta get that schoolin' done though!

Cash2053
11-15-09, 01:36 PM
Congrats on your reenlistment

NoRemorse
11-16-09, 08:05 AM
Congratulations, Marine.

Here's to many more good years:beer:

Garyius
11-16-09, 09:03 AM
When is the E-9 getting out? Is he the type to put the potty mouth on you with your new supervisor?

Have you asked the army about switching services and keeping your rank?

Engineer 1371
11-16-09, 10:31 AM
Congrats on your shipping over, was too dumb to do such a thing while in the Corps, did however do so in the Army. Between the two services, had about 11 or 12 yrs. active. Told you I was dumb, got out , did some time in reserves and got too damned old to get back in anything. Good luck, hope things work out better for you. Semper Fi Brother....:thumbup:

GSEMarine94
11-16-09, 11:19 AM
Congrats on the promotion Sergeant, and on the reenlistment. :thumbup:

charm1110
11-16-09, 02:11 PM
Congratulations Sergeant!
Here's to 4 more in the Corps :beer:

MontezumaCpl
11-16-09, 05:01 PM
Congrats Sergeant!

Best of Luck, Brother!