PDA

View Full Version : Waivers?

Toretto
11-13-09, 08:17 PM
Hey Guys,

New to the forum. First off I'd like to say Happy Belated Veterans Day, and Happy Belated Birthday Devil Dogs.

I have a question. Maybe some recruiters here have had a situation recently may be able to help out.

I know the Marines are not hurting for bodies. So here goes my story. I am a 23yr old male. Scored 59 on the Asvab (been awhile since I have done math,lol)

Now. I passed MEPS physical, BUT have "slight" hearing loss. 2k HZ range and only off by 5db. Well they passed my waiver for that. Recruiter thought I was good to go. Swear in Dec 1st. Leave May sometime.

Well. I need 2 more waivers. Married w/ dependant. Traffic Tickets.

I was young, and was always running late, so made up for it by speeding. I got quite a bit of speeding tickets. 6 to be exact. But, that was between the ages of 16-19. Have a few other minor tickets. Headlight,taillight,etc. 15 total.

Now. I am worried I may not get a waiver for that? I know I deserve a lecture on driving. I understand how important a clean record is now. hence have not received a ticket in 2 yrs. (I know many have went 10yrs without one)

I have a good job, live a pretty good life, but feel I want to serve my country. I was going to straight out of high school, but got nervous and decided no.

Now, I am a little older, and much wiser. And well. Not as afraid. I am super motivated to join, it would just break my heart if I got disqualified. I mean I am pro military all the way. I truly feel it would be an honor to serve my country.

Now it is up the high ups to decide whether or not I should be a Marine.

Just would like someones .2cents.

Thank You and God Bless all you guys have done

MLMonk
11-13-09, 08:26 PM
Before some other Marine gets you on the placement of this thread, ask a Moderator to move it to the "Ask a Marine" section.

The marrage waiver doesn't mean anything, that's just some paperwork to say you are married and your wife/child will have someone to take care of them while you are gone. The traffic tickets will really only hinder you in a clearance level, I am unsure if it DQ's you for Secret, but I know you can't get a TS clearance, atleast that is what I was told, could be wrong though.