PDA

View Full Version : wtf?

Integrity57
11-13-09, 04:07 PM
The woman was wearing sweatpants with the word “Navy” on them.<SCRIPT id=__gelement_3 src="http://gannett.gcion.com/addyn/3.0/5111.1/896010/0/0//ADTECH;alias=fl-pensacola.pensacolanewsjournal.com/news/article.htm_ArticleFlex_1;cookie=info;loc=100;targ et=_blank;grp=27197;misc=1258149495940;noperf=1"></SCRIPT>
<BANNER id=__gelement_adbanner_0 position="ArticleFlex_1"></BANNER>
She died clutching what appeared to be a military identification, but Escambia County Sheriff’s homicide investigator Chris Baggett said today that he could not confirm whether she was in the military.

Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Ted Roy said the identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of her family.

Investigators have not ruled out a possible robbery motive, but as of this afternoon there were few new leads, Baggett said.

A small, dark-colored four-door sedan was reportedly seen leaving the scene of the shooting, according to a sheriff’s investigator.

The intersection of 49th Avenue and Beech street is about three blocks south of West Jackson Street. A blood stain remained on the dirty pavement this afternoon in the place where the woman died.

The site is in plain view of Beachside Bingo, where in October of last year, an employee of the popular bingo hall shot and killed an armed robber.

Karen and David Elzbeck have lived on 49th Avenue for 19 years.

In that time, the couple watched the neighborhood’s steady decay. What was once a tree-lined neighborhood of single-family homes filled with elderly residents and military families is now a transient rental community on the decline, they say.

“It used to be a nice neighborhood,” 52-year-old Karen Elzbeck said.

The couple was relaxing in their home Thursday night when they heard what they described as a series of noticeably loud gunshots.

David Elzbeck, 49, grabbed a flashlight and hurried to the poorly lit corner to see what happened. There, he discovered the shooting victim face down on the street.

“You could smell the gunsmoke,” he said.

The Elzbecks complain of occasional drive-by shootings and sketchy characters who roam the streets in the dark hours of the night.

“It’s getting scary around here,” David said.

Over the years, the Elzbecks fortified their homes with a locked fence and security lights. David Elzbeck said that with Thursday’s shooting, it might be time to take another step.

“I’m already looking for security cameras online,” he said.

“It’s just sad,” his wife added.

I just learned of this today from one of my friends who's still stationed there, and was told the victim was a 19 year-old Female Sailor who was a student on Corry Station. Anyone who's been stationed in Pensacola in recent years can atest to the poor quality of that side of the town where both NAS Pensacola and Corry Station are located. Take into consideration that if she was out jogging she probably had little or no money on her person and the piece of **** that shot her did it for no reason at all.

Marine84
11-13-09, 05:58 PM
ahhhhhhhh...........................I'm seeing some little Gulf Power man. Did you mean to post a pic of the sailor or did you really mean to tell us about Gulf Power?

Integrity57
11-13-09, 07:31 PM
No the ad was posted in the article and I couldn't get rid of it.

Integrity57
11-13-09, 09:09 PM
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091113/NEWS01/91113017 Here's a link to updated story with more information. Turns out the victim was only 18 years-old.

StoneTheWeak
11-13-09, 10:22 PM
I was in Pensacola from Jan 28th 2009 till June 10th 2009. It really is a crap area. Even down town was sketchy at best. Gulf Breeze, Pensacola Beach, Orange Beach, and Perdido Key were all really nice, but costly to get to.

Down right sad that some piece of **** shot this girl... She was fresh out of bootcamp if she was only 18 and down at Corry..... Depressing, people sign up to die for their country, but never think it would happen right here, and not in the sand box.

Integrity57
11-13-09, 11:13 PM
I was stationed there from April '08 to June '09 and never liked the place, it was like some big trailer park in a marsh and it seemed like there was an incident between military and civilians at least once a month. But you said exactly what I was thinking Stone, I just hope they find this person and serve justice on him the hard way.

Marine84
11-14-09, 08:49 AM
it was like some big trailer park in a marsh

LOL! Now THAT'S just funny, I don't care who you are.