PDA

View Full Version : Do new Marines recieve dress blues after bootcamp?

PooleeMichaelT
11-13-09, 11:49 AM
Do new Marines fresh out of bootcamp recieve a set of dress blues? or is that only for certain people?

Wyoming
11-13-09, 01:53 PM
Do new Marines fresh out of bootcamp recieve a set of dress blues? or is that only for certain people?

My word, are you actually asking THAT question?

dizark
11-13-09, 02:18 PM
You receive them in O2 Clothing, right before Phase 2, but they'll stay cramped up inside your sea bag until you graduate as you won't wear them in boot camp.

rufio14
11-13-09, 08:16 PM
If your west coast you will receive them in phase three. You will not wear them at all in RT unless your the guide at graduation.

PooleeMichaelT
11-16-09, 10:48 AM
I am new to this, so cut me some slack ok. I should be able to ask q's without getting grief from you people.

WKranz
11-16-09, 11:03 AM
Us people? We're Marines buddy, you can ask whatever question you want, but most of us people think you should be concerned with stuff that matters, not what you wanna wear at home to show off that you've graduated.

GSEMarine94
11-16-09, 11:34 AM
I am new to this, so cut me some slack ok. I should be able to ask q's without getting grief from you people.
You'll get the same treatment when you get to bootcamp and you won't get any slack. And as mentioned both in the rules and by another poster we are Marines and should be addressed as such.

Apache
11-16-09, 12:28 PM
Ewe People ?
Do we appear to be Female Sheep?

RESPECT Juinor will get you a long way towards surviving

RHALEJR
11-16-09, 12:33 PM
This Marine had to buy his "Blues".
Finished boot in 1954.
They cost me $200.00 but are worth any amount.

dizark
11-16-09, 02:57 PM
From what I'm told, we actually still pay for the Blues and other uniforms, but obviously the Marine Corps takes it directly out of our paychecks in the beginning of boot camp so you won't really notice it.

You'll learn fast not to get smart with some of the Marines on these forums. Some take it quite personal and will begin an all out attack on you. Just keep it chill, respect the Marines, and go earn that title young one. :)

BR34
11-16-09, 03:58 PM
From what I'm told, we actually still pay for the Blues and other uniforms, but obviously the Marine Corps takes it directly out of our paychecks in the beginning of boot camp so you won't really notice it.

You'll learn fast not to get smart with some of the Marines on these forums. Some take it quite personal and will begin an all out attack on you. Just keep it chill, respect the Marines, and go earn that title young one. :)

I'll go a bit further and say we don't even get a first paycheck at boot camp.

BR34
11-16-09, 04:07 PM
I just checked my Feb 07 LES. The very first paycheck I got in the Marine Corps was for a whopping $9.39. (and that's counting BAH with and FSA)

They deducted $296.18 for uniforms (I didn't get issued blues), and $300.00 for the Smart Card.

Lisa 23
11-16-09, 04:56 PM

I'd watch your tone there young man when speaking to Marines.
If you had used the search bar, you would've found the answer to your question before making another thread on this topic.
Dress Blues
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85316&highlight=dress+blues+bootcamp&page=3

Hotel4341
11-17-09, 01:39 PM
I just checked my Feb 07 LES. The very first paycheck I got in the Marine Corps was for a whopping $9.39. (and that's counting BAH with and FSA)

They deducted $296.18 for uniforms (I didn't get issued blues), and $300.00 for the Smart Card.

They're nicer now... they spread out all those costs over your first 3 months of paychecks! =/

derrick ewing
11-17-09, 02:31 PM
:usmc:I received my Dress Blues free for Marine Barracks Guam. 1979

Old Marine
11-17-09, 05:05 PM

Another great question from this kid. The answer is YES. If you would have used the search function you would not have asked this question. Again I say engage brain housing group. You will receive dress blues and tennis shoes.

Old Marine
11-17-09, 05:08 PM

Dress Blues and Tennis Shoes.:evilgrin:

srinaldo86
11-17-09, 05:22 PM
You will be issued ALL your dress uniforms and uniform items aside from the 'Gold Buckle' for your blues, along with the new 'Running Suit.'

Old Marine
11-17-09, 05:39 PM
Got to have that running suit. Play hell running without it.

PooleeMichaelT
11-17-09, 08:29 PM
I have the utmost respect for every Marine on this forum, but honestly some of the Marines need to calm down just a tad. And maybe I prefer having people answering
MY question, not reading it from someone else who might have posted something similar. Like I said I have respect for every Marine, but some of the Marines on here seem to act like they are God and should be spoken to as God himself. Sorry, I'll do my best be more respectful of the sensitivities that go on around here, but try to be understanding and not get in a big hissy fit if something small happens to get said.

Lisa 23
11-17-09, 08:35 PM
You don't come on a MARINE site and tell MARINES how they should act and what they should say.
As a poolee, you should learn to keep your mouth shut and just move on.
Again, watch your tone when speaking to MARINES!

PooleeMichaelT
11-17-09, 08:45 PM
Hey Old Marine, why dont you lighten up abit. If silly questions bother you so much maybe you shouldnt be on this forum, sir.

PooleeMichaelT
11-17-09, 08:54 PM
You too WMarine, You are not god so stop acting like it, like just because you're a Marine that everyone should do whatever you say exactly how you say it. " watch my tone" ? this is a website...its not like we are in person. RELAX! it is better for your heart.

Lisa 23
11-17-09, 09:10 PM
You don't like the answers that Marines are giving you, then don't respond back to them, plain and simple! No need to act like a tough guy and come off with a smart a$$ attitude towards Marines.
Do you ever think that why these silly questions do bother us Marines.....it's because they have been asked an answered many, many times before. Use the search bar!
Now, leave the smart a$$ attitude at the door. If you can't handle what's being said here, then boot camp is going to mighty tough for you with Drill Instructors getting in your face all the time! :evilgrin:

Mindgame
11-17-09, 09:51 PM
What do you mean " You people"? :mad: Your the one trying to become one of us!

I have the utmost respect for every Marine on this forum, but honestly some of the Marines need to calm down just a tad. And maybe I prefer having people answering
MY question, not reading it from someone else who might have posted something similar. Like I said I have respect for every Marine, but some of the Marines on here seem to act like they are God and should be spoken to as God himself. Sorry, I'll do my best be more respectful of the sensitivities that go on around here, but try to be understanding and not get in a big hissy fit if something small happens to get said.

You don't understand the Marine way of thinking. You ask a dumbass question, you get a dumbass responce. Your the outsider, you get treated as the outsider, until you earn the right. You will get shown the same respect that you show a Marine. You cop and attitude, and your world will be lit up.

I can't wait for you to go to boot camp. I'd like to see you try " Is there a reason for all this yelling, Sir? ":thumbup:

Just take it for what it is, and apologize. Something else to learn. We are never wrong either.