PDA

View Full Version : Specific MOS

Wight89
11-12-09, 08:34 PM
Hello,
I've searched the forums and online trying to find out more about specific MOS's. I read online (yahoo answers: from a Marine) saying that after Boot Camp you get assigned your specific MOS (like 0311).

My question is, is there anyway I could get a contract based upon the availability when Im at Boot Camp?

I know that it depends on the needs of the Marine Corps, but if I was to wait until there was a need for said specific MOS; could my Recruiter get a contract for it?

Thank You,
Makena Wight

josephd
11-12-09, 08:45 PM
you get contracted to an MOS field most of the time but not to a specific MOS, for example..

03xx infantry field, 02xx intel, 13xx engineering, 18xx vehicles, etc..

sparkie
11-12-09, 08:48 PM
You're Mos will be a generalty, until you can graduate you're specfic MOS school. If you don't, you will be placed somewhere in you're general MOS. No guarantees,,,,, up to you.

Wight89
11-12-09, 08:50 PM
Thank You,

I do understand that aspect. I guess the question was too worded. I've read that you can get a specific MOS in your contract. I was wondering IF that was really possible, and if so how. Considering that I was in Boot Camp while the need was there for the specific MOS I was wanting.

NoRemorse
11-12-09, 08:57 PM
If you want a specific MOS in your contract then you have to go in on the Reserve side.

If you want to jump from what was on your contract to what was available then you can try to do so at Boot. You won't get a specific MOS, just a different field. Don't count on that happening either.

Wight89
11-12-09, 09:23 PM
Ok, again thank you all. That's what I was sort of getting by everything I've read/heard.