PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to get stationed

Talcik
11-12-09, 12:57 PM
hi Marines, im from the north east CT to be exact, so im used to the huge climate change When the seasons change, so i was wondering From your experiances Where is the best base to be stationed at. I mean when i have free time and when im not working I like to go out with Friends and try to meet a few girls or just have fun with my friends, so i was wondering what places were you Marines stationed at that you liked the most?

what base had the most things to do when your not working. ( i know im going to be working like pretty much sunrise to Late, my father was in the Marines he said Okinawaw was his favorite place, they had the best food and nice bars) but what are a few other places that i can choose, i would love to see them all if i could lol

Zulu 36
11-12-09, 01:52 PM
hi Marines, im from the north east CT to be exact, so im used to the huge climate change When the seasons change, so i was wondering From your experiances Where is the best base to be stationed at. I mean when i have free time and when im not working I like to go out with Friends and try to meet a few girls or just have fun with my friends, so i was wondering what places were you Marines stationed at that you liked the most?

what base had the most things to do when your not working. ( i know im going to be working like pretty much sunrise to Late, my father was in the Marines he said Okinawaw was his favorite place, they had the best food and nice bars) but what are a few other places that i can choose, i would love to see them all if i could lol

Marines will argue this question until eternity. It all depends on you, what you like, what is there to enjoy, etc. Some like Oki (I did), others Hawaii, Camp Pendleton, Lejuene, the whole gamut.

It doesn't really matter at this point for you since Job 1 is to get through boot camp. You'll start hearing good and bad points about places after boot camp, but you'll still be going wherever the Marine Corps wants you.

0331 2 0369
11-12-09, 02:00 PM
You will go where the Marine Corps sends you. As for having fun, thats up to you to make the best of it. Every place is different for different people. Some hate Okinawa and others love it. It's just like anything else in life..... It's what you make of it.

SGT7477
11-12-09, 07:07 PM

Okinawa, let the Good Times roll.:D

WKranz
11-12-09, 07:18 PM
Twentynine palms, everyone bags on it, but it's beautiful out here.

Rooger
11-12-09, 07:27 PM
You will go where the Marine Corps sends you. As for having fun, thats up to you to make the best of it. Every place is different for different people. Some hate Okinawa and others love it. It's just like anything else in life..... It's what you make of it.

:thumbup:

Marine84
11-12-09, 07:40 PM
I had fun everywhere I went! About my last three months in Iwakuni I had had e-fkn-nough of Japan..................but I had a blast them first nine.