PDA

View Full Version : Mct

maelo
11-12-09, 06:42 AM
I go to MCt on Monday and have a couple quick question.

Do you do a PFT when you get there? ( im fine in terms of crunches and run but am very bad at pullups which brings my score down and right now im coming off RA which did not help and im i dont think i can do pullps)

TJR1070
11-12-09, 07:52 AM
I don't know about a PFT but sounds like you have about four days to start doing some pull-ups. Seriously Devildog you should have fit PT into your day somewhere, many Marines find MCT more physically challenging than boot camp. Try and work on your upper body strength and get out for a run before you check in, it is up to you to make sure you are ready.

Supersquishy
11-12-09, 07:57 AM
I go to MCt on Monday and have a couple quick question.

Do you do a PFT when you get there? ( im fine in terms of crunches and run but am very bad at pullups which brings my score down and right now im coming off RA which did not help and im i dont think i can do pullps)

I don't remember any PFT, but thats not to say there isn't one. Your going to be sucking wind and falling out of humps if you don't get in shape soon. Pullups? Bro RA is no excuse from PT!

Hotel4341
11-12-09, 08:08 AM
Hate to say it devil, but there's time in the schedule for a PFT. Most company's don't actually bother doing it (they only have so much time to train you, they don't really want to spend it doing an unneccesary PFT), but I know some people that did actually do one at MCT.

Time to get on it!

maelo
11-12-09, 09:06 AM
i not gonna make any excuse for my lack of a PFT but ive alwasys had trouble with pullups and i dont know why and not that i have not done pt caue i improved my run from 24 to 20 and crunches doing 100 but pullups cant seem to find that thing

TJR1070
11-12-09, 10:58 AM
Search the Poolee forum you will probably find a bunch of workouts to improve your pull ups.

rg2o3
11-12-09, 12:16 PM
I will be checking into MCT on Tuesday. Just get to PT'ing. I heard MCT was pretty physically tough. But nothing you cant get through. You will be fine.

Wyoming
11-12-09, 12:55 PM
You are hosed!!

duarte
11-12-09, 09:18 PM
Can we take whey protein to MCT?

Hotel4341
11-13-09, 07:17 AM
Again, depends on your company and who your combat instructors are. I'd recommend waiting until you get there to buy it (West coast MCT gets on-base libo every once in a while, which you'll hear PI Marines complain about), or just wait until you get to your MOS school.

rg2o3
11-13-09, 07:18 AM
I was told not to at our MCT brief at Boot. He said once we leave MCT we can get back on all the supps we want.

kash
11-14-09, 10:41 AM
We did not do a PFT at MCT....all of our PT was boots and utes. Be ready to run 4 miles in that on like your 3rd day there. No protein is allowed. Im east coast so I dont know how west coast does it. I graduated from MCT like 3 weeks ago so I dont think much has changed. Oh yeah and be ready to be freezing!