PDA

View Full Version : How to know...

JWeber
11-11-09, 07:37 PM
How do you know if the Marine Corps is right for you? I know why I would want to, but I just don't wanna be one of those people that go in and find out that it wasn't right for me.

I want to EARN the title Marine, I want the challenge I won't find anywhere else. Honor, the brotherhood, loyalty, among other reasons, these are just the tip. I hate for this to be this vague, but I don't know how else to put it.

My question is, how do you know?

Any help, advice, opinions are more than welcome as I hope everyone will put in their 2 cents, and maybe this will help someone else too. Thanks in advance Marines!

Phantom Blooper
11-11-09, 07:46 PM
Heart will get you through more than just boot camp.

A Marine is more than a title...it's a call to duty.

One that sometimes, more often than not comes at a time when you are going to wish it didn't.

Heart will relieve you from that thought and that struggle of making it through a PT session, a test, an azz chewing,a 15-25 mile hump or anything the Marine Corps or life can throw at you!

A heart...A Semper-Fi heart!

:evilgrin:

SGT7477
11-11-09, 08:48 PM
It's in your heart like the SSgt said.

JWeber
11-12-09, 06:47 PM
Thank you Marines, I really appreciate the help. For some reason, the answer really does seem that simple. I believe there is more to it that I will know until I take the challenge, and rise to the call of duty.

My heart has changed a lot in the past few years, and I am sure this is where it is taking me. I think the time will soon come to me, and I will join the elite, with pride, honor, loyalty, and all the heart a man can give. Rise to the challenge so many before me have done, and learn what is really is to be a Unites States Marine.

I hope that doesn't sound cheesy, but sometimes, that is just the words the the heart is speaking.

Thanks again!

Apache
11-12-09, 07:28 PM
In your life to date,what have you wanted and believed in with all your "heart" and soul ?
And you achieved it didn't you.