PDA

View Full Version : Went to Applebees for the Vet lunch

Garyius
11-11-09, 01:04 PM
The place was full as could be. I would say 75% were the old timer vets. I am an 80s/90s guy, so I call me inbetween.

My waiter was a young vet, he said all the young vets from the university are hitting the Outback tonight for the free beer.

BR34
11-11-09, 01:06 PM
Me and the wife went too. I got in there as soon as they opened. When I left there was a line of Marines that I work with standing at the door waiting for a table to open up.

I sat there and looked around at all the old timers, and mid timers and then looked at my wife and said "you have any idea how many concealed weapons are in here right now?"

ahh...Korean War Vets...old enough to be crazy, too young to be harmless, gotta love the old guys.

Garyius
11-11-09, 08:07 PM
Then I went to Unos for the Vet Pizza and Outback for the Vet beer.

Ended up sitting next to a Marine vet from Iraq. His time in the Corps sucked much worse than mine. No beer at all until he got back to CP and turned 21.

The Os have to stop sucking so much PC cock and give these guys a drink while they are fighting and dying. I know Bush Jr and Obama love islam, but let the devil dogs have a damn beer. It isn't like all the Marine Generals are going to be NSA advisors, so man up and do the right thing for the first time in your career, jackasses.

Petz
11-11-09, 09:57 PM
I went, then saw the line... then decided to go across the side walk to papa vinos... the bartender bought me beer so that was cool

egbutler1
11-11-09, 10:52 PM
dammit didn't know about the free beer at outback! That ****es me off.

Petz
11-12-09, 02:15 AM
got to be in the know my friend... got to be in the know.

Marine1955
11-12-09, 04:16 PM
Was there last night at Applebee's and had the 1/3 pounder burger damn near couldn't finish it. But I hung in there and gave it my all and I ate it. I adapted and over came it.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Old Marine
11-12-09, 05:10 PM
The free beer was probably Primo Beer. We used to have .05 night at the slop chute on Primo.

Garyius
11-12-09, 05:55 PM
The free beer was probably Primo Beer. We used to have .05 night at the slop chute on Primo.

We had Sam Adams Winter. Good stuff.

Sgt Jim
11-12-09, 06:46 PM
Went to Texas road house,wife bought my meal.no freebees

Phantom Blooper
11-13-09, 06:21 PM
I sat there and looked around at all the old timers, and mid timers and then looked at my wife and said "you have any idea how many concealed weapons are in here right now?"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, He'll just kill you. :beer:

:evilgrin: