PDA

View Full Version : Platoon leaders course

Waycoolrob
11-11-09, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Gentlemen, First Happy Birthday 1 day late. Second I am asking a question for my son. he spoke to a recruiter on Mon. specifically about NROTC scholarships and we were advised about the Platoon Leaders course. The recruiter told him in order to apply for this while in college he has to enlist in the reserves. Is this the case? everything I have read states there is no obligation and that you can opt out at anytime with no obligation, it says nothing about reserve time. he aslo stated when he asked abot possible deployments and was told he would be non deployable, that his job is that of a college student and Officer Cantidate. Although he would be required to attend his 2 days a month and two weeks per year commitment. all after his PLC summer course.
So what I am asking is does anyone here know if this is the case. Any help would be greatly appreciatted
Thanks

Rob

DIBLO7
11-11-09, 01:21 PM
I think the recruiter may be passing some bum scoop. Have your son talk to an OSO (Officer Selection Officer) to get the best information.

josephd
11-11-09, 01:30 PM
No he does not have to enlist in a reserve unit in order to go through PLC