PDA

View Full Version : DIRTY HIPPY %$&@ pass anti military crap to kids on USMC B-Day

Trakker
11-10-09, 10:20 PM
i am posting this here, as well as sending out emails to everyone on my list. (FIRST TIME EVER!!) i also posted it on liveleak as well as www.usmcg.org. But this is MY story, and im kind of ****ed,...

Drafter
11-10-09, 10:22 PM
LMAO, they're resisting an all volunteer force.

Gutzy Move ya freakin cowards!!

:evilgrin:

firedog974
11-10-09, 10:34 PM
That ticks me off brother, but keep it in perspective. The biggest issue here is people being allowed on school grounds, unsupervised, passing out propaganda.
What if these guys were from NAMBLA, or some other pervert organization? What if these folks were Islamic extremists handing out papers laced with anthrax?
That is the angle I think you should take with this, as far is the school is concerned.
I would personally love to kick the dirt out of the POS responsible for this on our birthday, but that will get you nowhere. This is wrong on a lot of levels...:evilgrin:

MD8724
11-10-09, 10:48 PM
Is there anything stating that they aren't allowed there ? I mean, I honestly don't know. If they let recruiters in, and other organizations that stop by schools from time to time, then these guys probably didn't do anything wrong by being there. I don't know though.

Honestly, I kind of laughed a little when I read the requirments to be a Soldier.

That is pretty ****ty though.

tangovictor87
11-11-09, 01:08 AM
fvck, i live close to there. wonder if they'll be out tomorrow. might have to put the snow plow on the ol' truck and cruise that way. was this at the sabin center?

rickyracer
11-11-09, 01:38 AM
Beating the **** out of a ******* does serve a purpuss.
It will make you fill better, and make the next guy thank about and maybe
change his mind.

Just don't get cought.

locologe
11-11-09, 02:02 AM
Portland seems to be a hotbed, for peaceniks, and complete liberal *&$%^**ap !
I am ashamed to say, I have to work in that area, when I am working.
You sure won't find ANY of them volunteering to protect THEIR personal freedoms!
They just want to reap the rewards of someone else doing it for them.
I Hate Portland!

locologe
11-11-09, 02:15 AM
I also read a editorial, in the "Hood River News" paper, about changing "Veterans Day" to "Armistice Day" Because it was not right to name a day after Veterans, when there were so many civilian casualties, blaming World War 2 on The United States, because we participated in World War 1.
How we should have just stayed completely out of BOTH wars., consequently ALL wars afterwards.
God, I don't know where they get their ideas, they keep shoving at the younger generation!
People, go on Portlands "craigslist" and look under "rants and raves" it will make you sick! When did Oregon become such a liberal "what can government do for ME" state?

ecom
11-11-09, 03:38 AM
Is there anything stating that they aren't allowed there ? I mean, I honestly don't know. If they let recruiters in, and other organizations that stop by schools from time to time, then these guys probably didn't do anything wrong by being there. I don't know though.

Honestly, I kind of laughed a little when I read the requirments to be a Soldier.

Not sure about Oregon, but in California, schools are required to permit military recruiters access to the campus. Federal law requires schools to submit names to military recruiters in order to receive federal funds.

locologe
11-11-09, 03:43 AM
I know there were a few schools in the Portland area, which were refusing to have recruiters on the property.
I think that finally changed, when they found out they would be losing federal funds unless they complied with the rules..

ecom
11-11-09, 03:46 AM
I know there were a few schools in the Portland area, which were refusing to have recruiters on the property.
I think that finally changed, when they found out they would be losing federal funds unless they complied with the rules..

In San Francisco, they did away with JROTC because people insisted that it was a form of military recruiting. Funny thing is that all the people at the meetings were not representative of the population that benefits from these programs. These were anti-war folks, not kids enrolled or parents of kids enrolled.

ecom
11-11-09, 03:49 AM

Ran out of time to edit my last post...

The issue here is that on school grounds, this should not have happened. These recruiters are not protected by law like military recruiters; rather these are special interest groups which have no educational value. Police stop by to teach kids about alcohol and drugs. College recruiters can help kids get into school to better their futures. Private company/sector recruiters can help kids not wanting to pursue college find jobs, put them in trade schools, or some kind of apprenticeship. What benefit do these guys provide?

locologe
11-11-09, 04:53 AM
I believe the schools let them do it, because its agreeing with the general anti war ideology that is prevalent in the Portland area. <br />
Portland has a saying &quot;Keep Portland weird&quot; on bumperstickers,...

Zulu 36
11-11-09, 05:25 AM
Not sure about Oregon, but in California, schools are required to permit military recruiters access to the campus. Federal law requires schools to submit names to military recruiters in order to receive federal funds.

Parents may opt their kids out of this. But they have to affirmatively opt out through a signed form. I just got done doing some record updates for my 17-year old daughter and that was one of the forms I had to complete. I didn't opt out, but she isn't qualified for the military anyway for medical reasons.

Hotel4341
11-12-09, 08:59 AM
Ran out of time to edit my last post...

The issue here is that on school grounds, this should not have happened. These recruiters are not protected by law like military recruiters; rather these are special interest groups which have no educational value. Police stop by to teach kids about alcohol and drugs. College recruiters can help kids get into school to better their futures. Private company/sector recruiters can help kids not wanting to pursue college find jobs, put them in trade schools, or some kind of apprenticeship. What benefit do these guys provide?

This isn't the only problem. If (and that's a big IF) the school allowed the group on campus, they are not allowed to hand out unsolicited flyers at a bus stop. They can arrange to go into classes or have a meeting where they can talk to kids, but they have to be in a supervised setting at all times unless they're having a one on one with a kid. This shouldn't be allowed to happen, not by any organization.

Old Marine
11-12-09, 09:20 AM
Just another reason why the U.S. has the military. Someone has to protect their right to do this.

Old Marine
11-12-09, 09:25 AM
I happen to be against this war just as I was against the one in NAM and Korea. Good American boys and girls are being killed and maimed and in the end what does it prove. When we went in to Korea there was the 38th paralell and when it was over the line is still drawn at the 38th. All those deaths for what purpose.

Ray Manker
11-12-09, 10:51 AM
I agree with all the posts here, but this is a free country. You and I and a lot of other people put ourselves in harms way to allow anyone freedom of speech and press in our country. We may not like it, may not like what they are putting out or their beliefs, and unless there are laws prohibiting passing out fliers, I would hope the old boy with the snow plow does a good job.

PvtShmuckatelly
11-21-11, 11:19 PM
Its things like this that make you want to put on a 'smokey bear hat and give these turds a liberal knife hand initiated with an "OH F*&k NO, ZERO!!"
Then proceed to lay into them D.I. style. and Im not talkin the nice way The Gunny does it in Full Metal Jacket. I'm talking the real deal we've all seen on Depot.