PDA

View Full Version : Would I be a dork/retard Poolee if...

Wick
11-10-09, 09:07 PM
I had "Semper fidelis" engraved on my wedding ring in some elaborate font? Not that I plan on it anytime soon, just wondering, I thought it would be a cool idea.

rktect3j
11-10-09, 09:18 PM
yes. You'd be a dork. First earn the title, let it wear on you and then you will know what I am talking about.

Wick
11-10-09, 09:19 PM
yes. You'd be a dork. First earn the title, let it wear on you and then you will know what I am talking about.

I plan on it. I don't suppose this is one of those things that I would understand?

MD8724
11-10-09, 10:19 PM
Like a moto tat for your wedding band. I like it!

Just kidding, don't do that. Could lose value when you get a divorce and pawn it off.

Wick
11-10-09, 10:22 PM
Like a moto tat for your wedding band. I like it!

Just kidding, don't do that. Could lose value when you get a divorce and pawn it off.

That wouldn't be the only reason, would it? And how are moto tats viewed anyway?

MD8724
11-10-09, 10:42 PM
Moto-y I guess. Most people don't care about your tats. Non-motards may give you some friendly crap over it, but nobody really cares.

firedog974
11-10-09, 10:48 PM
I had "Semper fidelis" engraved on my wedding ring in some elaborate font? Not that I plan on it anytime soon, just wondering, I thought it would be a cool idea.

Let whatever chick you marry EARN that. Don't just get that engraved on a ring, and damn sure don't just get married. If you have a chick, and she stays with you through boot, mct, mos school, and your first duty station, I would say go for it. Otherwise, enjoy what the dress blues and the title will do for you with the single ladies......:beer:

itzs4m
11-10-09, 11:42 PM
Let whatever chick you marry EARN that. Don't just get that engraved on a ring, and damn sure don't just get married. If you have a chick, and she stays with you through boot, mct, mos school, and your first duty station, I would say go for it. Otherwise, enjoy what the dress blues and the title will do for you with the single ladies......:beer:
OOH RAH!:marine:

egbutler1
11-11-09, 12:09 AM
I am covered in motto tats... i am a fvcking walking advertisement for the Corps.

ecom
11-11-09, 04:00 AM
Did you get grandfathered in? The tat regs became a lot stricter around when I left. Last I heard, the Bn was taking photos of everyone's tats visible in PT gear.

Phantom Blooper
11-11-09, 06:51 AM
Would I be a dork/retard Poolee if...

It's a good idea if you make it as a Marine.

Semper Fidelis is Latin for Always Faithful......so that can be used as fidelity to you and your spouse.

Your decision.....but if you are basing this solely on becoming a Marine I would hold off.

There is a post on this site that has a Marine spouse have a tattoo of Always Faithful done before her Marine went overseas.

There were mixed reactions to getting one.

However being said that Semper Fidelis is Latin for the Marine Corps motto you and your fiancée are the only ones that can make that call.:evilgrin: