PDA

View Full Version : couple questions

Jordan2108
11-10-09, 04:32 PM
Im 17 years old junior in highschool, 5ft 9inch weigh 145lbs. Iv been running 2 miles a day and doing pull ups and situps. At this point I am able to do 100 sit ups in 1:36. I can do 15 pull ups without touching the ground. I run a 6:48 mile. I think im physically ready to become a Marine. I got the McGraw-Hill's ASVAB book. Studying before I take the ASVAB. Im planning on training and studying for a year and a half. Joining the DEP when im a senior.

Do you think im ready?

I have a tatoo on my left forearm, its about 2 inches. Is it going to ruin my chances of becoming a Marine?

Is there an online recruiter I can talk to, there is no recruiter in my hometown?

josephd
11-10-09, 04:47 PM
you need to fill out a profile there before any of us answer any questions

Jordan2108
11-10-09, 04:54 PM
I need to do what?

josephd
11-10-09, 04:59 PM
I need to do what?

ok so now you have half of a profile and attitude

Jordan2108
11-10-09, 05:07 PM
I just did my about me. Is that what you are talking about?

josephd
11-10-09, 05:30 PM
ok sure, thats fine with me but I am not sure if any other Marines here will want more...

And to answer your question...

physically you are more than ready but that really doesn't mean much, you really cant ask anyone if we think you are ready or not that is completely up to you

Do you think you are ready?

It all depends on what your tattoo is of really? and how much work a recruiter may wanna do to get you a waiver and get you in

I believe there is a few recruiters and former recruiters floating around on here but that really doesn't matter, if this is something you want to do then you need to find a local recruiter and sit down with them.

As far as ASVAB goes, there is no point in studying for that IMO. The stuff you get asked in that test you either know or your dont.

Jordan2108
11-10-09, 05:41 PM
I think I am ready but I want to be overly physically prepared so im not struggling to keep up.

My tattoo is initials JJ.

Thank you for your time answering my questions.

josephd
11-10-09, 06:13 PM
I think I am ready but I want to be overly physically prepared so im not struggling to keep up.

My tattoo is initials JJ.

Thank you for your time answering my questions.

you will not be struggling to keep up, even if you went to boot in halfway decent shape you will be brought to speed within a few weeks. Also if you go in good shape like yourself you will still be pushed to your limit. Don't think because you are already a PT stud you will be left alone.