PDA

View Full Version : Camp Le Jeune Water Quality

PaPaWolfUSMC
11-10-09, 02:44 PM
Havent seen anything here, but apparently there was a serious problem with drinking water at Le Jeune from the 50's to the 70's.

Studies are being done to check out problems relatesd to this water

Full story at

https://clnr.hqi.usmc.mil/clwater/index.html

Oddly,enough, whe I went to the VA in Wilmington, Delaware, they tried to put me in with a study on Agent Orange:sick::scared:.

I wonder if she just didn't understand english.

Happy 234th Marines! Attempting to protect the rights of even those who would disband us.

AAV Crewchief
11-10-09, 03:03 PM
Yep, the good ole public works folks at CLNC really screwed us....literally. I am in that bunch who drank the tainted water. My name is on that list and I guess one day when I die from some sort of new cancer, the govt will pay off for my family. LOL:banana:

Lupo22
11-10-09, 07:01 PM
Still to this day we're cautioned on drinking the water because of some trace chemical that I can't even pronounce that is said to cause cancer. There are bulletins posted all over Geiger squad bays and one of our Sgts here already warned me about it.

PaPaWolfUSMC
11-10-09, 07:51 PM
:sick:Sadly, I spen almost 3years there.

To date, I have lost 1 kidney to cancer, and had part of theother removed.

when I conact the VA in Wilmington De, they tried to put me in a study for the effects of agent orange.:devious:

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Gyrenes. Let's keep the world safe for the hawks and doves, even though most of them don't deserve us.:flag: